Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Max Payne series > Max Payne 1 and 2

Old 12-31-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
Karma_Cloud

Thumbs up Max Payne 2 Cheats with Steam Version

Hey guys, I'm new here, but I thought I would post how I fixed MY issues with codes not working with the Steam version. If you have any experiences of fixes of your own, post them.

1. Locate Maxpayne2.exe and make a shortcut to it.
2. Right click the shortcut and select properties.
3. In target, it should list the files destination. Next to the originally inputted destination OUTSIDE the quotations put a space and type "-developer"
4. Double click the shortcut and launch the game. While in game hit the ~ button and a little chat blinker should pop up on the bottom left hand side of the screen. Enter your cheats accordingly.

I posted this because for some reason on my machine (Vista Home Premium x64) the standard "-developerkeys" input was not working correctly. Anyway, hope this helps.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
VoXeR

I think you could also just Rightclick inside steam, Properties, "Set Launch Options" and set that to "-developer"

Or am I wrong? :P
VoXeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
Karma_Cloud

I guess. I'm new to the inner workings of steam. Other than L4D2, HL2 and CS:S I am a complete noobie.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
VoXeR

Oh well, thanks for that info though
VoXeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #5
terminalsigh

enabling cheats on steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma_Cloud View Post
Hey guys, I'm new here, but I thought I would post how I fixed MY issues with codes not working with the Steam version. If you have any experiences of fixes of your own, post them.

1. Locate Maxpayne2.exe and make a shortcut to it.
2. Right click the shortcut and select properties.
3. In target, it should list the files destination. Next to the originally inputted destination OUTSIDE the quotations put a space and type "-developer"
4. Double click the shortcut and launch the game. While in game hit the ~ button and a little chat blinker should pop up on the bottom left hand side of the screen. Enter your cheats accordingly.

I posted this because for some reason on my machine (Vista Home Premium x64) the standard "-developerkeys" input was not working correctly. Anyway, hope this helps.
I'm running Windows7, and none of the options in this thread seem to be working for me. Any suggestions?
Old 10-29-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
illage2

Max Payne 2 Cheats Windows 7.

I have tried enabling the cheats using the method on this post. None of them seem to be working for me.
Here is my full target line.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\max payne 2 the fall of max payne\maxpayne2.exe" -developer

I just can't see what I am doing wrong.
illage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:47 AM   #7
Raefzm

Banned
ahahahaha wtf. I ended up on this page in my chrome browser, it asked if i wanted to translate the english to my language. WTF i must say. hahaa gj google.
Raefzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 AM   #8
IceManiac

Can someone post what the codes actually are? Also answer if the bug with this method has been fixed. @ last post.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #9
longboardskier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManiac View Post
Can someone post what the codes actually are? Also answer if the bug with this method has been fixed. @ last post.
Google search: http://www.cheatscodesguides.com/pc-...-of-max-payne/

I much prefer using trainers instead of codes though.
longboardskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #10
jasonbecker83

well cheat codes are more secure...sometimes(not every one of them but it can happen) traines have some nasty stuff inside like troians or keyloggers....
jasonbecker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #11
thegrube

Trainer for Max Payne 2 steam Version

Anyone know if there is a trainer that works for the steam version?
thegrube is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Max Payne series > Max Payne 1 and 2