Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 01-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
mrjake2

AARGH - Anybody else keep getting 'credit card declined'???

I have been trying since 8pm yesterday to buy games on Steam, and I keep being told that my payment has been rejected. I tried with three different credit cards and my Paypal account, all rejected. I verified with the credit card company that they haven't processed any payment from Steam, so this is all a problem on Steam's end.

My credit card was working perfectly fine for the first several days of the sale, and now I can't put a payment through while the deal counters keep ticking down.

Is this just happening to me? Or are other people seeing this as well?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
Ciaos

Just have a look round and you can see lots of threads about this, no need to make a new one. But yes, wait and try again later. Or contact Steam Support.

Alternatively use a different card and account to gift it to yourself.
Ciaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
Atlas_lives

Here's one thread about the issue: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1093315

There are many others. Best you can do is 1) Contact Steam support (although the wait for a response will be long), 2) Wait one or two hours and try your transaction again (may or may not work), or 3) Create a second Steam account, purchase the games you want and gift them to your main account.

It's beyond annoying, I know.
Atlas_lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
mrjake2

Well, I've been trying since 8pm last night and it hasn't worked yet. I've probably tried to put the order through 50 times. I've also tried gifting myself from another account. I had the exact same problem.

And I did file a ticket with Steam. I haven't heard anything back yet. So as of right now, it looks like there's absolutely nothing I can do to pick up the daily deals.

So incredibly frustrating.
mrjake2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
buckthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjake2 View Post
I have been trying since 8pm yesterday to buy games on Steam, and I keep being told that my payment has been rejected. I tried with three different credit cards and my Paypal account, all rejected. I verified with the credit card company that they haven't processed any payment from Steam, so this is all a problem on Steam's end.

My credit card was working perfectly fine for the first several days of the sale, and now I can't put a payment through while the deal counters keep ticking down.

Is this just happening to me? Or are other people seeing this as well?
You bring up a good point, I have had problems with my credit card and PayPal at times. I just kept trying and after a few times it just went through.

Last edited by buckthor: 01-02-2010 at 11:04 AM.
buckthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:52 AM   #6
Caterpillar

NOW I want Valve giving me Portal for 3 € because yesterday I could not pay because of this BUG
Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #7
Larry1212

I had one problem today but that was because I gave the wrong information by accident.
Larry1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
atsbill123

My info is the same that has always been there for all purchases and I am still getting declined. FIX THIS BUG STEAM YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!
atsbill123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion