Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

Old 01-02-2010, 11:56 PM   #1
neophy

Unhappy Cant go online help

hi,

well i have this problem, after having my ea account related to my burnout key(no problems with the account part, so its not that), i tried to login to the game servers, buts each time that the games tries to connect to burnout "paradise city servers", the game crashes and send me back to my desktop.
BTW: i dont have problems running the game offline
is this happening to every one or is just me?
and if any of you has info or a solutions to this problems, it will be very welcomed

i have windows 7 as my OS.

thanks
Old 01-03-2010, 05:14 AM   #2
Oggy1985

Maybe you have trouble with opening that online page that opens in some sort of ingame integrated web browser which is actually somehow related to your default browser. I know that when i was using Opera i couldn't get pass that browser page thing, but after switching to Chrome (and/or Firefox) it worked just fine.
Oggy1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:31 AM   #3
object404

same thing happens to me. When it tries to open the in-game browser it crashes.
object404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:16 AM   #4
neophy

Unhappy uhm not working...

well i tried changing my default browser from IE8 to chrome but the problem persist,

but thx.
wonder if re-installing the game should help...

im staring to think that it may be my account.. dunno how, but since a lot of people have problem with that (though i already send a problem ticket to ea support a week ago, but they haven't answered my question)
neophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
Wargod

i have the same problem.

created a EA ID for burnout, can play ofline, but the game crashes right after contecting (or while contacting?) the EA servers.

i have tried everything their support page tells you to try, but nothing works for me.
Wargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
Space Pirate

Banned
I'm not getting any problems with playing online, but i wish to know if there's anyway i can create another profile, so my brother can play a new career without overwriting my progress.
Space Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
Scubasteve1974

I'm having the same problem. I am also running Windows 7 64 bit. I do have about 5 friends, all of which are running Windows 7 with no problems.. So I'm wondering if its some other hardware issue. I have an evga GTX 260 and am running an older AMD processor. I will experiment with my browser, to see if that helps. But I'm at a loss at this point, and a bit aggravated. This game seems to be more trouble then its worth.
Scubasteve1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
neophy

Thumbs down what a mess of a game

you know i feel the same about it, i think im lost at this point, it was only 7.5 USD but still what i want it from the game was the online part, and that's exactly what im not getting so..
btw, i do have an old amd processor too, i dont know if this has anything to do with that.

i 'll try the game in one of my friends computer to check that but i dont know, i think ea sucks with their account system and all that shi..
Old 01-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #9
Raggit

It's not a windows 7 problem. I have XP and I'm having the same issue.
Raggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:05 AM   #10
townparkradio

Banned
No matter what your default browser is set at, Burnout Paradise invokes IE. Make sure you don't have any of those idiot toolbars or "search helpers" things like to install if you don't pay attention when installing things and say no. My wife's computer had some garbage from Ask.com on IE; she didn't care because she uses Firefox; but it was disabling her Burnout play.
townparkradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #11
neophy

well i dont think is the browser, because i just re-installed a new copy of windows, so my IE is fresh new, but i still have the problem so im back to the beginnig, the most possible thing to me right now is an account problem, i just regret not having used a new account instead of the old one when i first logged into the game, that i think is causing the problem, what's even worst is that i cant do anything about it, because ea support sucks they havent answered my ticket, from 3 weeks ago, wonder if steam support may help me with this problem even though this game its not part of the steam support list, what do you guys think?
Old 01-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #12
neophy

OK GUYS SO I CONTACTED A GUY FROM THE EA SUPPORT PAGE AND HE RESPONDED ME BACK. SO IM POSTING WHAT HE HAS TOLD ME SO FAR (THOUGH WITH NO SUCCESS TO MY PROBLEM BUT IT MAY HELP OTHERS)

"Response (Deepak S.)
01/16/2010 08:31 AM

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support.

I can really understand the frustration you are enduring at the moment for not getting a timely reply, but please know that we are receiving contacts in high volumes which is not normal. Rest assured, we are striving our level best to get back to you as soon as possible. Please accept my honest apologies for the delay. We do apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with the game.

Were you able to run the game without any issues before?

Please accomplish the following before launching the game:

1. Empty your Temp folder to prevent file conflicts. Click here for steps on emptying your Temp folder:
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...?p_faqid=10705

2. Please end all background tasks to prevent conflicts with other programs. Click here for steps on ending background tasks:
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...?p_faqid=10700

3. Be sure you have the latest drivers available for your video and sound card.
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...?p_faqid=10711

4. Try lowering the Hardware Sound Acceleration setting on your computer to "basic". To do this, follow these steps:

· Click the Start button in the bottom left hand corner of your Desktop.
· Click on "Run".
· Erase any text already in the run prompt.
· Type in: dxdiag
· Click the OK button.
· Select the sound tab at the top of the tool.
· Set the Hardware Sound Acceleration Slider to "Basic".
· Click "Exit" in the bottom right hand corner.

Please try playing the game now, if you still face the issue then in order to research this issue further we will need information called dxdiag.exe.

To get this information:

1) Go to Start -> Run.
2) In the box, type the following: dxdiag
3) Click 'OK'
4) Click the 'Save All Information' button on the first screen of the application.
5) Then on top of the 'Save As' box that pops up, select Desktop (if it's not set to save there already), then click Save.
6) Finally, attach the dxdiag.txt to your email reply.

Once we get the Dxdiag, we'll take a look and let you know what to do from there.

If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to this email or visit our extensive knowledge base online at http://support.ea.com.

Thank you,

Robert
EA Online Support

Response (Deepak S.)
01/19/2010 05:23 AM

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting EA Customer Support.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you while playing online. Here are some general trouble shooting tips to help your troubles with the game online.

First, be sure to disable any firewalls you have running.

· Software firewalls can simply be turned off, usually by right clicking on the icons near your clock and selecting "Close" or "Exit".
· Hardware firewalls should be bypassed by going from the computer directly to your modem, skipping any router you may have.

· Try cycling the Power on your modem. For this, switch off your modem and leave it un-powered for a about 5 minutes then re-start the modem, this should power cycle your modem.
If you have Windows XP, there is a built in Firewall that we will want to disable. Please follow these steps to do so:

· Double click "My Network Places" on your Desktop or in your Start Menu
· Click "View Network Connections"
· Right click on "Local Area Connection" and Select "Properties"
· Click the "Advanced" tab
· Make sure to uncheck the box under "Internet Connection Firewall"

If you are able to connect after disabling any firewall you have running, then this is definitely the cause of your trouble. If you wish to play the game with your firewall running, please add the game to exception list of your firewall.

If the game still not runs properly, Please try to play it in Compatibility mode. Please visit the following link for the steps to play the game in compatibility mode:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...lity-mode.html

If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to this email or visit our extensive knowledge base online at http://support.ea.com.

Thank you,

Robert
EA Online Support

Response (Deepak S.)
01/21/2010 04:22 AM

Greetings,

Thank you again for contacting EA customer support

When troubleshooting online connections, you should keep in mind that you are not only dealing with your home network, but also your Internet Service Provider's series of networks. Also be aware that there can be a number of routers that your connection will pass through in order to reach the game server.

Information transferred on the Internet is handled by shuttling bits of information, known as packets. For example, when you visited this web page, all the parts of the page were passed from the webpage server, through your Internet Service Provider's network, into your home network, and finally to your computer, all in packets. Downloading information from the internet is simply a matter of passing packets back and forth between your computer and a server through a series of networks. If these packets fail to reach their destination, you receive errors concerning your connection. Many high-speed modems have no minimum specified packet size for outbound packets. When given a smaller packet, a correctly configured router will pad the packet to an acceptable size, and then will pass the information along. In the case of the older Internet router code, these packets may not be padded and can be discarded or corrupted before continuing along to the game server. The information passed through your modem to our servers may be corrupted or discarded - resulting in lost information, disconnects, lag, and other problems. Here is a short list of some of the things that can stop you from connecti

Firewall
Software firewalls on systems and hardware firewalls on routers will prevent your computer from connecting to our server.

Routers
Some routers have certain settings that can interfere with the transfer of packets.

Server outages
Occasionally servers will experience an outage. Typically an outage can last from 24 to 48 hours.

Internet security software
Internet security software will block or filter information that may be vital for the software to run.

Please click on the link below for the instruction on how to create/ enable Administrator account on windows 7.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-disable.html

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Thank you,

Robert
EA Online Support"

ok so this is it so far, anything else i ll patch it through hope this may help
Old 03-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #13
markony97

i have had the same problem since i bought a laptop with windows 7... i think that windows 7 was a big mistake...
Old 03-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #14
neophy

actually markony97 i no longer have this issue, but i had to almost change all my hardware setup (not for the game, i was going to upgrade my pc anyway) and the problem just got fixed, so what i can assume from all of this is, one that the OS has nothing to do, that's for sure, furthermore two it has to be either an old motherboard especially the lan adapter or, and the most important an old CPU (mostly single core (worst if it is an old AMD))
i got myself a new mobo, ram and a quad cpu, and im doing just fine, now i can go online like nothing no problems at all, and the game runs just amazing.
i belive that the in browser webpage that the game shows you at the beginning after you log to your ea account consummes a lot from the cpu, so a single core cant handle it. i dont know if you had a sinlge core or an old dual core, if not then it may be your mother in any given case you are fried because at the end the ea support just told me(washed their hands off the problem) that this kind of problems (game bugs) wasnt their concern that this was up to the dev guys.. and oh well nothing so far with them, so either you gave up with the onlie, wich by the way is almost none existing( altought you have friends that have the game, wich i do and play with them) or just upgrade your pc, anyway if it is worth something i can tell you this, the game is totally worth the trouble, because is a lot of fun, online or off line. an at 60 fps the collision system just looks amazing =P, its freaking awesome! while it last of course xD

good luck
Old 03-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #15
neophy

oh and i almost forgot
windows 7 a big mistake?????????? what tha...

no man, windows 7 compare to windows vista is like heaven!!!

windows 7 is far better than vista or the outdated xp

and even more for games.. all of your games run a 10% at least better with 7 than with vista using the same system specs.

this has nothing to do with 7 beliveme

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box