Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Paradox Interactive > Take Command: Second Manassas

Old 01-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
xayu

Game doesnt work on XP or Vista

On both systems it says it does the windows has encountered an error with the application and closes it down, tried the patch without any luck ahwell glad I didnt pay full price for it o I am only £4 down but looking on the game's main forums the devs warned that a steam version probably wouldnt work. So who is to blame the devs for allowing the release or steam for releasing it. Either way I wouldn't recommend buying it.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
greendevil

That's what i'd suggest too if someone would ask me if he should buy that game on Steam. Game is completely broken.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
doubleoohdoc

Have you tried compatibilty mode or run as admin?

I recall having some trouble getting it running at first but runs fine on my Vista with patch installed.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
xayu

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleoohdoc View Post
Have you tried compatibilty mode or run as admin?

I recall having some trouble getting it running at first but runs fine on my Vista with patch installed.
Well like I said the issue is both on XP and Vista systems, as its 2006 I can accept a Vista failure to boot it. But XP being the OS of that time should be able to run it without compatability although there isnt really anything to compatabilize to from XP on a 2006 game, Windows 2000 I tried but no avail.

As for Vista tried running as Windows XP didnt work, also tried to Run as Admin. Now I may be wrong as I have heard various conflicting arguments on this, but I side with the people who say disabling UAC removes the need to "Run as Admin" but as the option was there I tried none the less and yet again no luck. So I think this is a no show.
xayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
Herodotus07

I am running it perfectly well on Windows XP 32-bit.
Herodotus07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Paradox Interactive > Take Command: Second Manassas