Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cities XL

Old 01-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
CalmWind23

Cities XL to shut down MMO features; Cities XL 2011 announced

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/01/...011-announced/

http://www.citiesxl.com/index.php?op...302611&id=3560
Old 01-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
ddubbelddaim

Haha they are gona screw up their own game. I promse you, it's a really really crappy game with no multiplayer. Don't buy it yet. Wait and see if it will improve, i mean, seriously they wanted money for EVERYTHING in the game, and they realeased it unfinished, it had a terrible trade system, lot's of bugs like a way to high demand of leisure. Monte cristo brought this to them selves. We whant a "SIM CITY 5"

Last edited by ddubbelddaim: 01-27-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
blix2006

i called this in beta.didnt think it would buckle so fast but it really was a fail model.maybe now they will make dealing with the trading computer cheaper since the bogus price for trading with it was to bait you into playing there multiplayer
blix2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
CalmWind23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddubbelddaim View Post
We whant a "SIM CITY 5"
Same here.
CalmWind23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
Suhov

I'm happy I've decided not to rush in that MMO. SC5 will be much better thatn a game with subscription fee and blocked custom content.
Suhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
cool_recep

Thank god I have listened the guys words and did not buy it...And yes, even the single player mode was crap...leisure were very expensive...
cool_recep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
Foojo

Glad to see this. It deserved to fail. Hindering normal single player game to get a subscriber fee out of them.
Foojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #8
polecya

Banned
yay! I was going to buy this game during the Steam Holiday Sale, but I resisted my temptation due to all the reviews it received.
polecya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:53 AM   #9
AAkiller

Hm. i sorta liked this game, had alot of potencial, the lag was annoying when you used planet offer though. i did consider subscribing but i decided to pay for a TF2 server instead of a subscription to a game. Sad to see them abandoning it and moving on to cash in on another game.
AAkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #10
Azraelle

I'm so glad I never bought this game now. If I had, it would have been the last time I'd trust Monte Carlo with my money. Hell, it might still be anyway.
Azraelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:54 AM   #11
VengZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAkiller View Post
Sad to see them abandoning it and moving on to cash in on another game.
You might wanna read the news again:
"Nevertheless the Cities XL adventure goes on! Cities XL will evolve into a fully single player game."
All the crap going for planet offer only will become SP content.
But I'm with most of you people. The game sucked and needed alot more content.
I'm sure I'll never buy a game from them again
VengZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
karnyboy

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddubbelddaim View Post
We whant a "SIM CITY 5"
I fear that Maxis/EA may butcher SimCity 5, I recall them thinking they were making it "too complex" in an interview. I really don't want to see them simplify things to garner a larger audience. I like the number crunching, pre-planning design you have to take into account to get maximum city efficiency and maximum cash flow.

Would hate to see them take out intricacies that we had in SimCity 4.
karnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #13
Harle

Yeah, EA doesn't want to publish games that take brains to play. Honestly it's really frustrating, as a person who enjoys games that actually make you learn skills and plan and think about your actions.

These days it's pretty much 'all roads lead to fun.' Games like Sim City that used to appeal to an intelligent audience, now you basically can't fail. I can understand how a company would not want people to stop playing their game because it was too hard, but I tend to think the solution is difficulty levels, adequate tutorials, and plenty of in-game tips. Not dumbing down the whole experience so that it's basically just a sandbox model-city-builder.
Harle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #14
SunfighterLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnyboy View Post
I fear that Maxis/EA may butcher SimCity 5, I recall them thinking they were making it "too complex" in an interview. I really don't want to see them simplify things to garner a larger audience. I like the number crunching, pre-planning design you have to take into account to get maximum city efficiency and maximum cash flow.

Would hate to see them take out intricacies that we had in SimCity 4.
They already butched the simcity name with that simcity societies crap. They will probably use that failure as a reason to never release another simcity title.

Whats with all these developers butchering their games lately for 'accessibility'? SupCom2 is the latest example of a game butchered to try to hit a fictional mass audience. I call this the Wii virus. Personally I believe its gonna cause a 2nd great video game crash, the first one was caused by pretty much the same thing, a bunch of crap shovelware and the consumers just got ticked off and stopped buying the cheap, easy, pointless games...

F'in Nintendo
SunfighterLC is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cities XL