Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 01-30-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
Johnnnyboy1989

Post Unofficial Battlefield: Bad Company 2 BETA Sound Issues Thread

This topic is for everyone ho has problems with there sound. Please post your system info (like sound card and driver numbers and operating system).This topic will be linked to the
Unofficial Battlefield: Bad Company 2 BETA Bugs Thread.

Quote:
- Some sounds are played in the wrong speaker.
(DICE: Audio team are investigating).

- Crackups in sound.
(DICE: No data yet).
EA & DICE will be forwarded to this topic. So please be clear and don's spam please, also try to help each other if there is a simple solution.

Thank you!

Quote:
A couple of steps that people experiencing sound problems can try:

- Go into your "BFBC2Beta" folder in your documents. Open up the "settings.ini" file with notepad. In there you should look for the line "Quality=low" or similar under the [Sound] section. It might not say "=low" after quality but you want to change it so it says "Quality=high". Save the file and quit notepad.

- Now stay in that same "BFBC2Beta" folder inside your documents. There will be a file called "GameSettings.ini", open that up with notepad. Now look for the line "SoundSystemSize=". You can enter the value 1, 2 or 3 behind that. You should try all three and see what works best for your system. Save the file and quit notepad.

SoundSystemSize=1 and your game will use software mode to process audio.
SoundSystemSize=2 and your game will use hardware mode.
SoundSystemSize=3 and it will use XFI mode.

OBSERVE: It's very important that your game is turned off when you edit the files mentioned in the two steps above.

- Go in game and into the options. Set your speaker configuration to the correct value according to your sound setup. If you use headphones you want to switch it to "headphones" for example. If you are not sure what configuration fits your setup then choose "Hi-Fi".

- Disable VOIP in options.

- Go into the control panel for your soundcard and disable any equalizer settings or similar. You should also disable "Virtual surround", "Sound effects", "Environmental effects", "Loudness equalization" if you see any of those options.

- Download the latest audio drivers for your souncard.

- Plug your speakers or headphones into another audio port on your computer. For example if you have them plugged into the front panel then try to plug it into the soundcard directly in the back instead and vice versa.

Thanks to roxarn for this update.

Last edited by Johnnnyboy1989: 02-03-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:35 AM   #2
P3r0

OK... my problem is this:
Menu sound is normal. Ingame Background sound is normal, too.
But shooting and explosion, etc. sounds are only on my right speaker.
(I can hear a little on both sides, but mostly on the right speaker)
I tried the sound over my headset and over my stereo system.
Nothing changed.

Secondary, all sound effects are a little damped.
Background sound and menu sound aren't damped.

My system:
Vista 64bit
Realtek HD onboard soundchip
Driver: 2.40

Hope this info will help
P3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:45 AM   #3
andreah2o

same problem but left side

realtek hd sound card
Old 01-30-2010, 05:03 AM   #4
EviLAvengeR66

ditto.
shots/ingame sounds primarily come from the left speaker
realtek HD audio

after 3 posts it appears we're already getting somewhere. keyword Realtek HD Audio

Last edited by EviLAvengeR66: 01-30-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:09 AM   #5
carmikaze

Same here but left side!

My Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.67 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260
4GB DDR2-1066
Asus P5K with Realtek hd sound card

Please fix that!

Last edited by carmikaze: 01-30-2010 at 06:17 AM.
carmikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:36 AM   #6
roxarn

- Go into your "BFBC2Beta" folder in your documents. Open up the "settings.ini" file with notepad. In there you should look for the line "Quality=low" or similar under the [Sound] section. It might not say "=low" after quality but you want to change it so it says "Quality=high". Save the file and quit notepad.

- Now stay in that same "BFBC2Beta" folder inside your documents. There will be a file called "GameSettings.ini", open that up with notepad. Now look for the line "SoundSystemSize=". You can enter the value 1, 2 or 3 behind that. You should try all three and see what works best for your system. Save the file and quit notepad.

OBSERVE: It's very important that your game is turned off when you edit the files mentioned in the two steps above.

- Go in game and into the options. Set your speaker configuration to the correct value according to your sound setup. If you use headphones you want to switch it to "headphones" for example. If you are not sure what configuration fits your setup then choose "Hi-Fi".

- Go into the control panel for your soundcard and disable any equalizer settings or similar. You should also disable "Virtual surround", "Sound effects", "Environmental effects", "Loudness equalization" if you see any of those options.

- Plug your speakers or headphones into another audio port on your computer. For example if you have them plugged into the front panel then try to plug it into the soundcard directly in the back instead and vice versa.
roxarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:39 AM   #7
Johnnnyboy1989

Thanks for the information!
Johnnnyboy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #8
Satelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxarn View Post

Doesnt help with my problem... i have that crazy noise all the time, in software mode or hardware or that third mode what that was? still no working sound THIS SUCKS (no big surprise... its EA product)
Satelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #9
Johnnnyboy1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satelite View Post
(no big surprise... its EA product)
Please don't say that, EA have made much changes since the new CEO (John Riccitiello) has arrived. This CEO stands for quality and not quantity. Wath i want to tell is Activision is 2010's new EA, Activision is going the wrong way with there games, we will see the changes in 2010/2011.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #10
Satelite

My sound is crap download this and listen http://www.mediafire.com/?0jiz1emuxqy (starts at 0.20) the sound is only a crap after DICE video... so game is non-playable. i have integrated realtek card on motherboard Asus m2n32-sli deluxe wi-fi
Old 01-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #11
Satelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnnyboy1989 View Post
Please don't say that, EA have made much changes since the new CEO (John Riccitiello) has arrived. This CEO stands for quality and not quantity. Wath i want to tell is Activision is 2010's new EA, Activision is going the wrong way with there games, we will see the changes in 2010/2011.
I still miss the old times with Westwood without EA and we need to get more updates to old EA games too.

What is wrong with new C&C4, no tiberium refinerys, no bases, bad user interface, bad music (i want more music like red alert and tiberian sun and the original C&C etc) and many more things

Last edited by Satelite: 01-30-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #12
Johnnnyboy1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satelite View Post
I still miss the old times with Westwood without EA and we need to get more updates to old EA games too.
Westwood Studios was a good studio really, i love C&C, bud how ever KANE is gooing to leave us. C&C4: Tibirian Twilight will be his last "Tibirian" game.

Back on topic!
Old 01-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #13
Gumz

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxarn View Post

Thanks, I had discovered the quality option in settings.ini but not the GameSettings.ini option, +rep.

However, the sound setup still defaults to HiFi everytime, it will not stay on the other options, Home Cinema, War Tapes etc..it changes back to the default after round end or when you restart the game, we need a save or apply button for our settings.

I should mention that when it is on the desired sound setting the audio in the game rocks my socks off.

X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Gamer
Logitech G51 5.1 speakers
Win7 x64

Last edited by Gumz: 01-30-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Gumz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #14
rapsn1

non of them work :/,but !

my sound is best with out sound drivers (lol) and the sound settings on low ( then the sound dont lag)

to EA / DICE :
remove the new sound system or, make us able to turn it on/off .. that would really good for every1...!
Old 01-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #15
inque54

Using a Logitech G35

With the settings in the ini Soundquality=high and Soundsytemsize=2

I was for a brief moment able to activate the 5.1 surround sound when I chose Home Theater in the settings option

However after restarting the game, I wasn't able to replicate the desired effect.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series