Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 02-02-2010, 07:13 AM   #1
SolitonMan

How do I redeem a Steam Code? - from Mastering Unreal Technology book

Hi, I've spent the last few days searching vainly for an answser, but I cannot figure out how to use a Steam Code I received with my copy of the book Mastering Unreal Technology Vol. 1 for a free copy of Unreal Tournament 3. I've submitted a help request via the Support section of the steampowered.com site, but have only received automated responses acknowledging receipt of the request, not any actual response from a person. If anyone has any idea how I can redeem my code, I'd really appreciate hearing about it, I'm eager to delve into my new book but need the software to make it worthwhile. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
Marcio_xD

If your CD-Key is in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
Follow this instructions: Activating a Product on Steam.
Marcio_xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
SolitonMan

Hi Marcio, thanks for the response, I don't have a CD or a CD-key, what I have is a code that is supposed to allow me to download a free copy of Unreal Tournament 3. The problem is that I cannot find anywhere on the Steam site where I can type in the code to redeem it for my free game copy.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
PwerLvlAmy

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolitonMan View Post
Hi Marcio, thanks for the response, I don't have a CD or a CD-key, what I have is a code that is supposed to allow me to download a free copy of Unreal Tournament 3. The problem is that I cannot find anywhere on the Steam site where I can type in the code to redeem it for my free game copy.
You need install steam and after follow the instruction that link gave you ... You can't do it directly on the website
PwerLvlAmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips