Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Global Agenda: Free Agent

Old 02-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
Adamas

Australia and New Zealand players...

I am keen on buying this game and have heard rumors that Oz and NZ players experience considerable lag in-game (as servers are EU or US based)
Are there any players from Australia or New Zealand who can share their experiences, mainly the playability of the game for us based in the Southern-Hem, to address the scope of these lag concerns. Thanks

Old 02-03-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
AngryJens

Right now, Oceanic players are having issues. There are not any servers for them yet, and nor are there any time zones for Conquest for typical Oceanic playtimes.

That said, Hi-Rez has stated they will be getting Oceanic Servers, and Conquest Time Zones for Oceanic players within the next two months.

You may want to wait till then, otherwise you will have to deal with bad ping, and weird playtimes for Conquest.
AngryJens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
Dingo

Pings aren't too bad, most of the time they are around 260 to 280 and they have done a lot since the beta for hit detection for players with high ping.

But like AngryJens said there will be an Aussie server coming soon.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
Adamas

Thanks for the information and fast response to this thread Angry and Dingo.
Good news on hearing that an Oceanic server is coming, I feel that my best bet is to hold off for its arrival.
I enjoy competitive low-ping play in tf2 regularly and I think if I was to experience significant ping issues ATM in GA this would ruin the game play for me, and the investment then would go unused.
Maybe a price drop by the time we get a dedicated Oceanic server? Wishful thinking.. thanks again.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #5
Monolithos

I live in EU and during Beta I played on Atlanta based servers a lot (since EU queues where borked). I didn't really notice the latency (which is rather odd).

Also, they are planning to add oceanic servers and open up the two last conquest time regions that will run on the oceanic servers and fit oceanic players and peak hours.
Monolithos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:15 AM   #6
AngryJens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithos View Post
I live in EU and during Beta I played on Atlanta based servers a lot (since EU queues where borked). I didn't really notice the latency (which is rather odd).

Also, they are planning to add oceanic servers and open up the two last conquest time regions that will run on the oceanic servers and fit oceanic players and peak hours.
The EU and US servers don't actually give that bad of Ping. I'm not sure why, but I nearly always play on EU servers with my agency, and I rarely notice lag.

That said, Oceanic players on the boards have stated that it is fairly noticeable on their end.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
Menace

No lag here, wollongong
Old 02-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #8
chook

No lagg in pv3 but in pvp its really bad. PLease give us oceanic servers.
chook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #9
Disodium

iiNet - Sydney I average 200-250ms latency wise..

I am looking for some people in my timezone/country to team up with for PvE, PvP, even happy to help out with any quests..
I am not a pro player.. I got the game during the sales and I am basically looking for some easy going people to team up with to have a crack at some missions with.

Add me to friends in game (same name here as in game)..
Disodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #10
AngryJens

You realize you bumped a nearly year old thread right?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #11
Disodium

Would you rather I make another thread about the same topic?
Disodium is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Global Agenda: Free Agent