Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series

Old 02-06-2010, 01:45 AM   #1
SirEudes

How to import my ME1 character?

Hi,

I bought and played ME1 through Steam. I finished the game yesterday evening, then purchased also through Steam ME2.
I wanted to start my first game on ME2 with my character of ME1, but when I try to do so in ME2, the game doesn't give any option to do so, as the specified place where I should chosse a character from in ME2 is totally empty.

How could I solve that please? I rellay would like to play the game with that same character.

Thanks for any help you could give me.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #2
Khalan

Run MassEffect2Config.exe in the Mass Effect 2\Binaries directory, and use it to import your save. There is a link to the instructions in the Mass Effect 2 launcher as well. And in the Mass Effect 2 FAQ.
Khalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:18 AM   #3
SirEudes

Many thanks Khalan for such a quick answer!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:58 AM   #4
sasquatchor

In the config utility I have clicked on Copy Mass Effect 1 Save Games and have found the correct folder, but when I click on it, the window closes and nothing has changed - it just goes back to the Copy Mass Effect 1 Save Games button. Any idea why this is?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
lionaire

is there a way i can delete most of the game but keep the save data?
lionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
lionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionaire View Post
is there a way i can delete most of the game but keep the save data?
bumping to get an answer
lionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:08 AM   #7
9zero9

Uhm... Go to My Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect and backup the save folder, then uninstall the game.
9zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #8
Megaxtar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionaire View Post
bumping to get an answer
Why Hi jack some one else's post when you can make your own? And get an answer, a lot faster.
Megaxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:53 AM   #9
mooneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatchor View Post
In the config utility I have clicked on Copy Mass Effect 1 Save Games and have found the correct folder, but when I click on it, the window closes and nothing has changed - it just goes back to the Copy Mass Effect 1 Save Games button. Any idea why this is?
It's bit silly and confusing that the location selcted for ME1 saves aren't displayed anywhere. I remember thinking that it didn't work because of that.

If you can't see importable characters in ME2 "import ME1 Character" screen, that's because you either forgot to save settings before closing config tool or, you haven't completed ME1 on any character.
mooneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:50 AM   #10
9zero9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatchor View Post
That's normal. You should be able to import your Character ingame now.
9zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:51 AM   #11
Haydorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalan View Post
Run MassEffect2Config.exe in the Mass Effect 2\Binaries directory, and use it to import your save. There is a link to the instructions in the Mass Effect 2 launcher as well. And in the Mass Effect 2 FAQ.
I tried this, but the file doesn't appear in the folder. I know I have finished game, in fact I loaded it up again and defeated the final boss again and can confirm that it autosaved in the next scene. Not sure what to do..

EDIT: I actually found the file in the Steam folder [steam\steamapps\common\mass effect2\...] Additionally, I found out the first time you play the game, Steam boots up the game directly, but on preceding times, it will give you the option to boot the loader, where you can boot the Mass Effect 2 Launcher, which also allows you to import save files by clicking on 'config' - HTH

Last edited by Haydorian: 02-27-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Haydorian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series