Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod

Old 02-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
Who Kicked Me?

Garry's Mod NO SERVER

No servers list on the server browser for gmod...

I have tried everything, no theres nothing with my specs i run the game fine in singleplayer, this seems to jarate me off by LEVELS why wont it work? its supposed to, i guess? i was able to play multiplayer many times before, and now it doesnt, how typical me, i dont know WHY it doesn't work, it just doensn't work it said, "hey i dont wanna work right now haha screw you!" Well not littirally but this has been really annoying, why doesnt steam QUARENTEE its working ?? If the multiplayer doesnt work in the first place for my computer why doesnt steam notfiy me, i dont know if theres any port to open, but it didnt say somthing like that on the game product's home page, i have tried turning off my antivirus, it didnt make a diffrence at all, still a blank server browser shining up, as said, i havent made any changes to my internet box whatsover since i was able to play it online, i havent checked my firewall yet, but remember Unblocking HL2.exe
Old 02-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
Sweetdreams

This is the problem i'm having, i have no servers on my browser list. nothing pops up when refreshing.
Sweetdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
TheCrazyTom

Yes, i have got this problem too. I can't see servers in my ''Internet'' list. Strange thing is that i can see servers in my ''Friends'' list, but you can't join them (at least on my PC). It's strange because it worked like a month ago.
I hope it will be fixed soon.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
Winston77

I'm having the same problem. Elsewhere, I've also heard even moe people talking about this same probelm. It appears to be widespread.
Winston77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:18 AM   #5
chrisdie12

Lightbulb a way out

everyone i found the a way out go open steam and then go to my games
on the way bottom you should see severs friends stuff like that go to severs and in the filters go gmod and before you click it start gmod up than click the sever and let it download and you can play add me than i am new here

Last edited by chrisdie12: 02-10-2010 at 04:21 AM. Reason: friends list
Old 08-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
Ice Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdie12 View Post
everyone i found the a way out go open steam and then go to my games
on the way bottom you should see severs friends stuff like that go to severs and in the filters go gmod and before you click it start gmod up than click the sever and let it download and you can play add me than i am new here
this information was very useless.
AND yes i have the same problem as everyone in this thread. we all just have to hope a gmod developer notices this problem because there is really nothing we can do.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
bigboss472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Tea View Post
this information was very useless.
AND yes i have the same problem as everyone in this thread. we all just have to hope a gmod developer notices this problem because there is really nothing we can do.
I know I'm a bit late here but I had this problem. I don't know what exactly will fix this problem . What happened to me was I was having this problem and gave up but my dad was a smart and went and downloaded a virus on the computer or deleted something from system 32 the computer wouldn't start and I got the blue screen of death .
Now back to the point my dad got the computer re-booted and I re-installed steam etc and it worked what I'm saying is either get a new computer or reboot . This is the only fix I know and hope this helped let meh know
bigboss472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #8
sporeguy

Can you locate any servers via steam and connect using it?
sporeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
bigboss472

Yeah it works fine now. Depending on how determined u are to play your games online you will onlly go so far also this problem happened to all my source games ( I didn't have Amy other type of online game) but mods online seemed to work eg zombie panic source
Old 11-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
bigboss472

Oh and also there could be a problem with windows firewall to it usually asks u to either block it or allow it the first time u start each game

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod