Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kingpin

Old 02-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
redwolfe_98

Can't Play Game

i am new to using "steam".. i installed "steam" yesterday and purchased "kingpin-life of crime-on the street", through "steam", but i can't get it to play..

when i start the game, on the first screen that comes up, with the "gangbang"-"options"-"visuals" and "exit" buttons, the buttons are non-functional and so i can't play the game.. i also noticed that the game (kingpin.exe) is "hanging", where it is using a lot of "CPU"..

obviously there is a problem, somewhere, but i don't know what it is..

i am running win xpsp3, fully updated, with directx 9c installed, an "ati radeon 9000" video card, and an "audigy 2" soundcard.. the "ati radeon 9000" video card has "directx 8.1" capabilities..

Last edited by redwolfe_98: 02-13-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
Imarriedglados

Not sure if youre gonna check this...But its a really old game, theres no mouse support on the menu so the only way to navigate are by using the keys...

Other than that i dont know, im not quite sure what you mean by hanging either..
Old 02-12-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
IOD97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarriedglados View Post
Not sure if youre gonna check this...But its a really old game, theres no mouse support on the menu so the only way to navigate are by using the keys...

Other than that i dont know, im not quite sure what you mean by hanging either..
"hanging" means thats it not there, that its lazy at its job, that it SHOULD be there, but isnt
IOD97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
1galdoon1

kingpin hanging

that it hangs sounds like 1 of 2 things:
1: your cpu is not fast enough to handle the game. that king pin is an older game and the best shooter ever made. dont think that is the problem so on 2 nr. 2.
2: software: go to steam support, and tell them the problem. maybe u can redown load the game. uninstalling the game then redown loading ( if steam agress )sould solve your problem. i am new 2 to steam but think they should have a way that u can redownload. u paid 4 the game and it should work. i know quit a bit about kingpin so if u should have future problems post it here i look here almost daily. well got 2 go have my own problem with kingpin multiplayer, i think i know how 2 fix it. have to try so til next time.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kingpin