Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Majesty series

Old 02-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
NanostrikeX

Majesty 2: Blitz or die = Lame

I'm not talking as much about the campaign levels, but the missions. If you get your guilds up ASAP, toss out explore flags to where you know troublesome lairs are, then rush 'em ASAP, you'll kill 'em with almost no trouble and have an easy time with the rest of the scenario.

If you wait like you're "Supposed to", then about when you start getting to Tier 2 stuff, the troublesome lairs start putting out UNGODLY amounts of monsters to the point that you can't stop it.

This would be fine with one or two scenarios. But it's with almost EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Romantics of the Road? Rush the Ranger camps ASAP and cruise by.
Valley of Dangers? Rush the Graveyards, cuz the rest are jokes.
Wizards' Guild? Rush their castled ASAP or they'll send in cheat-tastic waves of Level 10s and 15s later.

The one that really got to me was the "Undead Plague" level. It's supposed to be a zombie level. But the zombies are largely useless and it's the ungodly number of ****ing Fire Serpents that you have to get rid of ASAP. If you don't they'll rush you constantly and wear you down.

This isn't how Majesty did things and I think this annoying mechanic in the scenarios takes a LOT away from Majesty 2. What happened to monsters sitting around their lairs? They just spam out monsters to attack you now...
Old 02-17-2010, 01:53 AM   #2
Kyorisu

I played the missions how you were "supposed" to and I had no problems. I agree with you though it's rather boring with the unit spam.
Kyorisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
NanostrikeX

Even the "Hard" missions become pathetically easy if you learn where the lairs are and rush them ASAP. If you don't, some missions can be very, very long.

It was almost the opposite in the original Majesty; you had to build up a good kingdom to have much of a chance of wiping the map clean, whereas here, you have to wipe most of the map clean to have a chance of making a good kingdom.

I don't know why they changed it like this...
NanostrikeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #4
DrakenLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanostrikeX View Post
It was almost the opposite in the original Majesty; you had to build up a good kingdom to have much of a chance of wiping the map clean, whereas here, you have to wipe most of the map clean to have a chance of making a good kingdom.
I agree, nice way of explaining it.

I am at the level where you are between two big camps (paladins and elves) trying to seize the throne. And this is exactly my problem. If you don't know the locations of the trade spots and rush them ASAP for money, then you won't be able to defend and you will be overwhelmed fast.

Towers are completely useless, even 3 towers side by side die to paladin/clerics spam. There is no way to upgrade the towers are heroes become more powerful and they become obsolete very fast. Even the dwarf towers can't handle a big wave once enemy heroes have leveled up a little.

I also tried rushing lords quick, since they are strong. But even when the base is swarmed in enemies they keep walking around past them like nothing was happening... And unless you put a really high flag reward, they won't do anything. (Also because they have all the gear already, they won't spend their money meaning your economy crashes if you rely on lords.)

I doubt very much that the original Majestic designer/team worked on Majestic 2... this second game lacks the vision of the first and in on many aspects it is way inferior to it.
DrakenLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
NanostrikeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakenLord View Post
I agree, nice way of explaining it.

I am at the level where you are between two big camps (paladins and elves) trying to seize the throne. And this is exactly my problem. If you don't know the locations of the trade spots and rush them ASAP for money, then you won't be able to defend and you will be overwhelmed fast.

I doubt very much that the original Majestic designer/team worked on Majestic 2... this second game lacks the vision of the first and in on many aspects it is way inferior to it.
Try the scenario map with the 'Rebel Rangers'. If you don't know EXACTLY where all the Ranger Camps are and blitz them within about 5 minutes, you've lost. Period. They will make constantly-leveling-up Rangers until they're constantly putting out Level 15 Rangers and stomping you.

It's stupid. There's no reward for building a good economy or stable defense. If you try that, the enemy Rangers will level up anyway and swarm you. Meanwhile if you forgo defense and even a lot of your economy to get Warriors or Rogues ASAP and rush the camps, you can take them out before they get a single Ranger out...and then the map is about 90% harmless.

IMO, this is the EXACT OPPOSITE of how it should be...
Old 05-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
Sifer2

I agree. But I guess who ever the new dev who makes Majesty 2 doesn't understand an wants to make it more challenging. Which would be fine but the way they make it challenging is so stupid an annoying. Having to either kill the lair or face a ridiculous number of enemies almost constantly attacking you is not fun. They do this especially in the single missions outside of the main game.
Sifer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:50 AM   #7
Taineract

You guys are spot on. This problem really turns it into more of an RTS than a 'Fantasy Kingdom Sim...' which is exactly what is -supposed- to make Majesty stand apart. Its really missing those "manage-your-kingdom-well-so-you-can-watch-your-heroes-do-surprising-and-quirky-stuff" moments that made Majesty 1 a cult classic. Kingmaker is even worse in this regard, in my opinion.
Taineract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:26 AM   #8
Ardbug

I never blitz, those dens are good experience and money for my heroes, I leave as many up as I can so my defence flags are busy.
Ardbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #9
Bluetear

Majesty 2 is way too unbalanced to be enjoyed, its too frustrating at the start of all missions with the rushing monsters and the unreliable heroes that it just puts me off the game... at least until a decent patch comes out... or better yet, a decent game with working mechanics.
Bluetear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #10
NanostrikeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taineract View Post
You guys are spot on. This problem really turns it into more of an RTS than a 'Fantasy Kingdom Sim...' which is exactly what is -supposed- to make Majesty stand apart. Its really missing those "manage-your-kingdom-well-so-you-can-watch-your-heroes-do-surprising-and-quirky-stuff" moments that made Majesty 1 a cult classic. Kingmaker is even worse in this regard, in my opinion.
What'd Kingmaker do to make it worse?
Old 03-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #11
HAO

Yea dude this game is great until you learn the mechanics and how you're suppose to play, then it gets kinda lame.
HAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #12
SpectralShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taineract View Post
I just started on kingmaker and I'm already sick of it on the second map

I'm supposed to be playing defensive missions where I build up my town, but try that and I get drowned in waves of monsters.

It's stupid.
SpectralShade is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Majesty series