Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal

Old 03-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
olimango

List of All the Radios (Thanks Bainshie!)

Here's a list of the radios, kudos the Bainshie.

Happy hunting.

1/26 - Pick up radio at beginning of game, stand on red button with the radio in the first room.

2/26 - Next room. The radio is hidden on top of the camera. You have to grab it off the wall before you drop down.

3/26 - Next room. the radio is ontop of the wall with the small square hole in it. Use a blue portal on the celing the grab it. Walk around the area surroudning that wall to get the transmission.

4/26 - A little more tricky. The radio is easy to find right at the end. However, there is only one place you get get the trassmission out.

Fire a blue portal right at the top on the wall opposite facing the orange portal (You'll know your in the right place because you'll hear radio static when your at the bottom. Pick up the radio and poke it through the orange portal to pick up number 4.

5/26 - The radio drops with the companion cube in the next experiment. Just bring it back to the start.

6/26 - The radio is in the room the two buttons unlock in the next test chamber. However you can't just pick it up, as the door will lock behind you. Use a blue portal to get the radio, amd carry it over to the small pit where one of the cubes was found.

7/26 - Next experiment. The Radio is hidden on top of a small nook that the energy ball generator is on. PLace portals until you can grab it through the orange portal, then take it to the end of the experiment.

8/26 - Next experiment. the radio is under the stairs. Take it to the end of the experiment to finish.

9/26 - Next experiment. The radio is on the ledge where the platform is. Take it back to the beginning.

10/26 - The radio is in the small square hole in the wall that you have to shoot through to complete the challenge. Use a blue portal on the celing and grab it as you fall. Take it to the end.

11/26 - The radio is on a nook on the left wall in the final room of the next experiment. Take it to the bottom of the big hole to get this one.

12/26 - The radio is on the ledge that holds the second timed door you open. Bring it to the area where you picked up the second part of your portal gun.

13/26 - The radio is on one of the pipes that hold the moving walls up, under the exit. Go right to the drop and drop down onto them, and then crouch to get the radio. Take it to the area where the button is, under the wall to get this part.

14/26 - The radio is on a ledge on the right hand wall, use a portal from above to garab it. Don't lock yourself out of the first room as you need to get back in there, and poke the radio against the ceiling to complete.

15/26 - The radio is on a ledge on the right hand side of the wall next to the red button. Use portals to bounce up and grab it. Take it to the middle platform in the room you unlock with the button.

16/26 - The radio is on the first support of the moving wall. Take it back to the beginning.

17/26 - The radio is at the end of this experiment, inside the box with the energy ball receiver. Use portals to bounce inside, and take it to the exit.

18/26 - You can't miss this radio, this was here before the first patch. Just take it to the rat mans lair.

19/26 - The radio is under the last pillar you need to raise. take to to where you kill your companion cube. *sob*

20/26 - The radio is in the small crawl spawn after the first gap. You have to drop the radio on a ledge in the corner, that is hanging over the slime stuff.

21/26 - The radio is on top of the box that the energy reciver is in. Take it to the button that moves the timed wall.

22/26 - The radio is at the bottom of the large pit where you originally gain speed to get to the exit. Take it to the exit (Easist way is to leave it there, set up a portal outside the exit, then drop down the the beginning and go back through your portal.

23/26 - In the Incinerator at the end of Chamber 19. Get up to the safe ledge, then look back down into the flames. It's down on your right as you look from the ledge (Or, conversely, on your left as you enter the furnace on the lift).

Carefully retrieve it using a Portal. You need to take it to the first set of offices.

24/26 - In the room with the 5 crushers the rise up the celing. Use portals to get to the first level (blocked by a gate). Then keep going around bypasing another chainfence, go through the small vent like tunnel to find the radio. Tkae this with you until you reach the area with the two small crushers going upwards. Take the radio just above that area.

25/26 - This radios is easy to find, on the table next to the 2 droids. Just take it with you until you find another rat mans lair.

26/26 - This radio is hidden in inside the sewer tunnels, in the room where all the doors open to reveal droids. take the radio all the way to the top till you reach a green machine thing. Put the radio there.

Last edited by olimango: 03-03-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
KeRupTion

Could someone get screenshots of this. I'm missing one, and I'm not sure which one it is.
KeRupTion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
DeTard

Seriously, how do you get to the radio at 21/26? I can hear it but cannot manage to get on top o that damn box.

Edit: Yeah, nvm, I'm stupid. lol found out how. DUUUUURRRRRRR....

Last edited by DeTard: 03-01-2010 at 06:41 PM.
DeTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
Bainshie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTard View Post
Seriously, how do you get to the radio at 21/26? I can hear it but cannot manage to get on top o that damn box.
Place a blue portal next to the box.

Place an orange portal on the platform right next to the water. Jump down and bounce upwards onto the box to get it.

And since this thread have my name on it.

After you light up all 26, does it just give you the achievement? Since it isn't working for me (Just lit up the fire one).
Bainshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
olimango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainshie View Post
Place a blue portal next to the box.

Place an orange portal on the platform right next to the water. Jump down and bounce upwards onto the box to get it.

And since this thread have my name on it.

After you light up all 26, does it just give you the achievement? Since it isn't working for me (Just lit up the fire one).
It's suppose to. It's not for some people, though, for whatever reason. Probably a glitch.
olimango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Bainshie

Wierd. Using Achievment_status I get

PORTAL_TRANSMISSION_RECEIVED ACHIEVED 0

Edit: NVM, just popped up. Cool hunt.
Bainshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
olimango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainshie View Post
Wierd. Using Achievment_status I get

PORTAL_TRANSMISSION_RECEIVED ACHIEVED 0
Hm. Does it say 26/26 in the achievement info?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #8
MλRCO

Banned
and the 26?
MλRCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #9
Jonny_Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MλRCO View Post
and the 26?
26th (as in, the one missing from the list, not chronologically) is in the Incinerator at the end of Chamber 19. Get up to the safe ledge, then look back down into the flames. It's down on your right as you look from the ledge (Or, conversely, on your left as you enter the furnace on the lift).

Carefully retrieve it using a Portal. You need to take it to the first set of offices.

It's mentioned at the top of the post, but adding it to the list might be nice for clarity

Managed to find the last one thanks to this list (Missed the one in the Five Pistons room). Cheers all, now all we need to do is make some sense out of random grainy distorted images. Was a nice excuse to replay Portal, too.
Jonny_Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #10
olimango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny_Hermit View Post
It's mentioned at the top of the post, but adding it to the list might be nice for clarity
Done and done.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #11
Mr. Richardson

I got them all! Woot! And I only needed this list for one of them.
Mr. Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #12
Tabarnaco

I don't get the 20th and the 21st.
What ledge, and what energy receiver.

Last edited by Tabarnaco: 03-01-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Tabarnaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #13
radioBlade

Quote:
23/26 - In the room with the 5 crushers the rise up the celing. Use portals to get to the first level (blocked by a gate). Then keep going around bypasing another chainfence, go through the small vent like tunnel to find the radio. Tkae this with you until you reach the area with the two small crushers going upwards. Take the radio just above that area.
I can not find this one. Can someone explain clearer or post a screen or something?

NVM: It's on the right side of this area. Directions aren't the clearest but you got me the achievement! Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by radioBlade: 03-01-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #14
Here Be Dragons

Banned
What's the "rat man's lair?"
Here Be Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #15
Tabarnaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Be Dragons View Post
What's the "rat man's lair?"
The dirty ugly red place behind the weighted storage cubes in a previous area.
Tabarnaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal