Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wolves series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
0lupus0
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
problem star wolves3

hi-...

i just down the starwolves3 but happens one things... always destroys the mothership----.. i try easy hard and difficult.. and always destroying my mothership.. by missils......

anyone more..?????

solved..... sorryy,,,,,!!!

windows 7 64 bits.....

Last edited by 0lupus0: 03-03-2010 at 03:05 PM.
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
Losobal
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
I'm still downloading this, but from what my experiences in number 1 and number 2 were, until your mothership is strong enough to fend for itself (boosted shields, self repair system, decent guns, good accuracy) its best to have the mother ship hang back. Dunno if its changed for 3, but in the first two, the AI had a tendency to go for the first thing in range, which usually ended up being a mothership with fighter wing trailing behind it. Sometimes waht worked was to have the fighter wing 'lead' the way with the mothership set to escort the wing, but when trouble starts switch commands to have wing escort mothership and get into the fight as normal. If you'd set wingmen with appropriate antimissile skills/role, that initial missile barrage wasn't as bad.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
0lupus0
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thank's!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
Korpah
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Reputation: 7
Posts: 447
well mother ship kinda sucks in first part of the game i am dieing and trying to get my 4e mothership but i am up against 14 second fights wich is realy a Fing pain in the cause i only have 3 fighters and a mother ship and i am doing this on hard >.<
Korpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
Hutt Burt
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 18
Posts: 35
Playing a game on hard the first time around is masochism.
Hutt Burt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #6
Choster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Reputation: 165
Posts: 1,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutt Burt View Post
Playing a game on hard the first time around is masochism.
Most recent games are quite easy on the highest difficulty. Star wolves 3 does not follow this trend. On normal I have died a few times in the first couple of hours.
Choster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:02 AM   #7
Losobal
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Man. This game is brutal. It repeatedly reminds you how much you suck and how much your gear sucks. I'm surprised the NPCs don't rain NOOB comments at you. I've taken the current tactic of "If they ask for a bribe, give it to them" cause the times I tell them to jarate-off they brutally kill me and my pilots.

My previous advice of how to move your mothership and fighters doesn't really apply anymore, since this game likes to jump you from both sides, which means your MS is ALWAYS someone's first closest target. Usually results in a load of rockets up the tailpipe.

I never really cheat in these types of games, but as soon as someone finds a money cheat, please post it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:27 AM   #8
Sargoth
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 1
Posts: 30
already gotten a full crew. Got my fifth mothership. taken out immense odds of fighters. and taken out a few bases
Sargoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #9
Anticept
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Reputation: 0
Posts: 34
Losobal: Use cheat engine if you are that desperate
Anticept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #10
stuka10000
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 4
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losobal View Post
Man. This game is brutal. It repeatedly reminds you how much you suck and how much your gear sucks. I'm surprised the NPCs don't rain NOOB comments at you. I've taken the current tactic of "If they ask for a bribe, give it to them" cause the times I tell them to jarate-off they brutally kill me and my pilots.

My previous advice of how to move your mothership and fighters doesn't really apply anymore, since this game likes to jump you from both sides, which means your MS is ALWAYS someone's first closest target. Usually results in a load of rockets up the tailpipe.

I never really cheat in these types of games, but as soon as someone finds a money cheat, please post it.
Missile boats exist for a reason and are your friend
stuka10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #11
Di Katana
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
I personally don't like missile boats, there's not enough missiles available at stores to keep you supplied. Each member of my team has either 1 or 2 missile slots and I fill them (now after I'm far into the game) with the 6 short range missile pods. But I have to be very careful as to when I turn them on. Only my missile guy has a missile boat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:37 AM   #12
stuka10000
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 4
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Di Katana View Post
I personally don't like missile boats, there's not enough missiles available at stores to keep you supplied. Each member of my team has either 1 or 2 missile slots and I fill them (now after I'm far into the game) with the 6 short range missile pods. But I have to be very careful as to when I turn them on. Only my missile guy has a missile boat.
Install this small mod mate and you will fall in love with missiles http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15002

Just keep in mind that the Ai uses them as well so in most fights the missile boats are your primary targets.
stuka10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:12 AM   #13
Smiiley
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 5
Posts: 121
missiles are awesome, but can kill all ur own fighters if ur not carefull xD

hit a blob of berserkers while my close range figters where in there with a torpedo. *... RELOAD!*
Smiiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #14
SpectralShade
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 168
Posts: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losobal View Post

My previous advice of how to move your mothership and fighters doesn't really apply anymore, since this game likes to jump you from both sides, which means your MS is ALWAYS someone's first closest target.
Improved scanning range should really help in this regard, as you can spot the enemies before they spot you, and thus send in the small ships first.

I noticed installing the qasar sensor compared to not having one was a big change in how fights started (if they started at all due to movement patterns of enemies and your own ships after you spotted them)
SpectralShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:09 AM   #15
Red Spot
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 22
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralShade View Post
Improved scanning range should really help in this regard, as you can spot the enemies before they spot you, and thus send in the small ships first.

I noticed installing the qasar sensor compared to not having one was a big change in how fights started (if they started at all due to movement patterns of enemies and your own ships after you spotted them)
Get a 400 clicks scanner for your MS and a 350 clicks scanner for 1 of your fighters, you'll never get jumped again except for some scripted events, even if you split up your force.
Red Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wolves series


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.