Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Foreign Legion series

Old 03-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
Askjosh

Valve to Deliver Steam & Source on the Mac :-)

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3569/

Here is to hoping that Sakari Indie will publish the Mac version of their game on steam with full cloud support :-)
Old 05-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
scorchll7

That would take a bit of time. It's not just like you think were you just try to pop it on the mac. It takes time and their current focus it to try and put out more updates with new things like game modes, maps, and soon multiplayer. It takes also a long time just to simply port it and with steam cloud it would take even longer.
scorchll7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
Saijin_Naib

Foreign Legion: BoB forum
Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchll7 View Post
That would take a bit of time. It's not just like you think were you just try to pop it on the mac. It takes time and their current focus it to try and put out more updates with new things like game modes, maps, and soon multiplayer. It takes also a long time just to simply port it and with steam cloud it would take even longer.
Eh, Unity already runs on the Mac and they have a Mac target. I think a Mac Steam target would be minimal work. However, I've got nothing fro them to share with you guys. Still trying to get some contact going.
Saijin_Naib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
kommandojoe

I think they should do it, cause its a prime excuse for "front page advertising" which will rake in sales on both PC&MAC markets.
kommandojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
It's ME!

Banned
The mac version if already available. You can see it on their site or at gametree.
It's ME! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
Saijin_Naib

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's ME! View Post
The mac version if already available. You can see it on their site or at gametree.
Indeed, it has been for a while. I think the question was concerning the SteamPlay platform (Win/Mac) version.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
andydam

But the Mac one only has the first mission.
andydam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #8
Saijin_Naib

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepijin (private Email)
I'm trying to get the mac version on steam as a free bundle with the pc version. So the mac people can enjoy our (and i mean including you) game too. But before i can do that i need to work around a crappy non paying mac distributor that claims exclusivity. But hey you know.. cant stop wont stop.. I will get this done.
This is one part of the email from Pepijin that I feel like I can disclose now. Blame the distributor of the Mac version for it not being updated :[
Old 08-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #9
Neon Kitten

By the way, while I bought this mainly for PC use, the Mac version is not showing up in my Mac version of Steam - indeed, the game is not showing up at all (not greyed out as "unavailable on this OS" but literally not there).

Something broke, I think
Neon Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #10
vtor67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Kitten View Post
By the way, while I bought this mainly for PC use, the Mac version is not showing up in my Mac version of Steam - indeed, the game is not showing up at all (not greyed out as "unavailable on this OS" but literally not there).

Something broke, I think
Same thing is happening to me.
vtor67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Foreign Legion series