Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands

Old 03-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
>X2<

Banned
General Knox Bugs.

You arrive where the markers say you have to be and nothing is there. RE: beating the teams of ninjas.

Anyone else have this issue?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
spets_cope

The marker is for where you turn the quest in after all four teams have attacked you. You aren't told in advance when/where they will attack, just keep playing =]
spets_cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:00 AM   #3
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by >X2< View Post
You arrive where the markers say you have to be and nothing is there. RE: beating the teams of ninjas.

I have, and ultimately I discovered that the issue was that I was confused...
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:29 AM   #4
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by >X2< View Post

http://nealnoble.net/misc/ScreenShot00014.jpg

May have actually encountered the same bug.

Got to the location. Killed everything I could kill, opened everything I could find to open. Waited around for 10+ minutes for the NPCs to respawn, killed them all again. Still nothing.

Also, that I have seen\heard NPCs spawn into inaccessible buildings and underground, places where they can not be killed. This has happened at least a dozen times since the last update, and not just in Knoxx, but in the main game too.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
pixelante15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrnoble View Post
http://nealnoble.net/misc/ScreenShot00014.jpg

May have actually encountered the same bug.

Got to the location. Killed everything I could kill, opened everything I could find to open. Waited around for 10+ minutes for the NPCs to respawn, killed them all again. Still nothing.

Also, that I have seen\heard NPCs spawn into inaccessible buildings and underground, places where they can not be killed. This has happened at least a dozen times since the last update, and not just in Knoxx, but in the main game too.
It's not a bug. All it indicates is where you turn in the mission. You will encounter all the squads during the course of the main story missions.

Ignore that mission, it will complete itself.
pixelante15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelante15 View Post
It's not a bug. All it indicates is where you turn in the mission. You will encounter all the squads during the course of the main story missions.

Ignore that mission, it will complete itself.
Puzzled, what you are saying doesn't make sense to me because the first two groups did not work the way you are suggesting (see pic from last post). The first two groups worked as expected. I went to the first location on map, battled\killed a group of Ninjas, then that group was marked as completed, proceeded to the second location. Second was the same as the first. Third location, there was no Ninjas. This is how it has always worked for multiple tasked missions (ie car parts), you go to several different locations and do\find something, then proceed to the next. Each is marked when completed.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
jiminator

Eh, I think the missions can be glitched. I completed the prison mission and I think I heard the 3rd wave spawning. I said F..... if I was going to go through all the hassle of driving back to base so I exited. I later fought the 3rd and 4th waves and now I have the can't turn in mission same as everyone here.
jiminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #8
spets_cope

Regardless if the marker is bugged which might possibly be the case, the fact remains you will encounter all four groups as you progress through the story quests. You will encounter the fourth and final group at
Spoiler:
the very beginning of the final outdoor map, Road's End

After you defeat that fourth and final group, you should be able to turn in the quest where your marker seems to be pointing right now, at that spot along the highway.
spets_cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
Jigoku

Volunteer Moderator
nrnoble, as others have said it's where you eventually turn it in.

If you mistakenly thought the marker worked properly the first time it was because you had another mission selected at the time. They tend to pop up right on markers for other story missions so you can't inadvertently miss them.
Jigoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:51 AM   #10
nrnoble

Let me restate the sequence of action\events.
  • I get the mission: Wanted: Dead!.
  • There are 4 separate groups of ninjas that need to be battled as shown on the left.
  • None of the mission's objectives have been checked (not completed).
  • There is a marker on the screen as to where to go to find the first group of ninjas.
  • Goto first location, kill all ninjas.
  • First group\objective is marked as completed.
  • Goto next marker, kill second group of ninjas.
  • Second group of ninjas is marked as complete.
  • Goto to 3rd marker, no ninjas to be found.
  • Since 3rd group has not been killed, there is no marker provided for the 4th group.
  • Mission remains incomplete, waiting for me to kill 3rd group, which should be located at the marker on the map when the mission is selected as the active mission.
Overall, this is not a major issue because I have gone on to other missions leaving Wanted: Dead! as incomplete for now. Just puzzling that this mission is not working as expected. It is not like I am a rookie bumbling my way through the game at this point unclear as to how complete missions.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #11
OJ191

Dude... It does NOT tell you where they are... they are trying to kill you, not you to kill them! You do not know where they are in advance!

Also they are assassins not ninja's.
OJ191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #12
nrnoble

I am looking for comments from adult and advanced players.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #13
Smeggit

I never paid much attention to the markers assuming the assassins would be finding me. The first 2 groups did turn up fairly quickly but the other 2 came after qoing quite a few quests. The markers may well point to the location of the next attack but it sounds like you have gone straight from group 2 to group 3 and I think you need to progress the main story further before they show up.
Smeggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #14
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggit View Post
I never paid much attention to the markers assuming the assassins would be finding me. The first 2 groups did turn up fairly quickly but the other 2 came after qoing quite a few quests. The markers may well point to the location of the next attack but it sounds like you have gone straight from group 2 to group 3 and I think you need to progress the main story further before they show up.

Thanks, that makes a little bit of sense.

Rep+ for quality\maturity\intelligence of post.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #15
LDB

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrnoble View Post
Thanks, that makes a little bit of sense.

Rep+ for quality\maturity\intelligence of post.
The solution had been explained to you at least twice already. Than you got defense because you could not understand someones simple explanation.

Your lack of maturity and ability to make sense of what someone tells you amazes me.

Last edited by LDB: 03-12-2010 at 10:36 PM.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands