Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 03-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
The_Real_Banana

Counter Strike: Source invisible main menu

Every time I start counterstrike It stops while it says "Loading..." in the lower right corner, but when you move your mouse over where the menu is supposed to be you can hear the clicks of the menu items. You can even press quit and it will get you out. It used to be that I would press ~ and type quit (Nothing comes up, all invisible) and when I would restart it everything would be fine, but its not now. I've verified the files twice and they are fine. Not sure what to do. Video drivers are perfectly fine, and im on win7 64bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Also every other Source engine game works. I have the entire HL2 series and tf2/portal. All work except CS:S.

Last edited by The_Real_Banana: 03-11-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:27 AM   #2
it.me

Sigh...

Yet another Win 7 user that hasn't checked around the net for the simple answer. Sorry but i must have posted this fix loads of times now and i just wish someone would sticky the fix somewhere for all to see and find easily.

Anyway go in to your c:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[Your Steam Account Name]\counter-strike source and right clicking on the hl2.exe, Select "Properties" and do the following...

Under Compatibility Tab,
Check both: "Disable visual themes" & Disable desktop composition" Apply and try that.

Hope that helps and good luck
it.me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
The_Real_Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by it.me View Post
Sigh...

Yet another Win 7 user that hasn't checked around the net for the simple answer. Sorry but i must have posted this fix loads of times now and i just wish someone would sticky the fix somewhere for all to see and find easily.

Anyway go in to your c:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[Your Steam Account Name]\counter-strike source and right clicking on the hl2.exe, Select "Properties" and do the following...

Under Compatibility Tab,
Check both: "Disable visual themes" & Disable desktop composition" Apply and try that.

Hope that helps and good luck
found that during my search around the internet thank you very much. Has not helped. But thanks for trying.
The_Real_Banana is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source