Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aliens vs Predator

Old 03-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
Detritis

For Xenomorph's sake REMOVE THE LOBBY FROM DEDI'S!

Returning to lobby after a match is really a bummer and this terrible idea should be sent to the thirteenth pit of hell, along with the matchmaking ranked matches and the devs that came up with this idea should be sent there too, damned 'til eternity to play dnd with the devcast of duke nukem forever, but the game has two 20-sided dice short and you can only play cleric because sonic the sega furfag ate all the other character cards!

Old 03-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
SolidusPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritis View Post
Returning to lobby after a match is really a bummer and this terrible idea should be sent to the thirteenth pit of hell, along with the matchmaking ranked matches and the devs that came up with this idea should be sent there too, damned 'til eternity to play dnd with the devcast of duke nukem forever, but the game has two 20-sided dice short and you can only play cleric because sonic the sega furfag ate all the other character cards!
Actually, a lot of us around here wanted this option. Lets you pick and change teams between matches. Why does it fill you with so much rage lol? You never really said.
SolidusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
reaper412

Banned
Yeah, lets stay on the server for hours as the same class. It's a lot better to go to the lobby, because a lot of people prefer the option of a new game rather than just jumping into a battle and getting a losing team.

Also, you unlock a skin, how do you change it? Exactly.
reaper412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
Karazax

Well plenty of other games get around this by letting you pull up a menu which allows you to pick your class, weapons, team, skin, ect as appropriate for the game when you join, or when a new round starts and in many cases at any time while you're playing. If you do this mid game while you are alive it typically suicides your character, and most games have team size limits to prevent every one from joining one team.
Karazax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
Detritis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusPrime View Post
Actually, a lot of us around here wanted this option. Lets you pick and change teams between matches. Why does it fill you with so much rage lol? You never really said.
Because it's waaaaaaay better to be able to change teams/race while the map is already loaded, not only you don't have to wait for all the tards to ready themselves in the lobby, but you can balance teams DIRECTLY if you'd be able to change teams DURING A MATCH.

Of course, you can only change sides if the team sizes are unbalanced. and change race if the ratios allow it.

I can't honestly believe anyone prefers the lobby method over a method that has been here since god knows how long.

Let's see this in a practical situation(lobby system):
You start a game, then for no reason 3 people on your team get a disconnection error. (I wouldn't quit for such a thing, but it would jarate me off A LOT).

After a predetermined time (or after you won/lost the game), you see the scoreboard for 15 seconds DOING NOTHING (not even text chat, except vo vo vo vo oi oi oice cha at at), to return to the lobby, where you have to WAIT again?!

Did IQ's drop sharply while i was away? what sort of would like to play multiplayer this way, while 1000 other games use a method that does the job perfectly? I mean come on, even in the classic 2000 version multiplayer goes this way and no one has got any problems with it!

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper412 View Post
Yeah, lets stay on the server for hours as the same class. It's a lot better to go to the lobby, because a lot of people prefer the option of a new game rather than just jumping into a battle and getting a losing team.

Also, you unlock a skin, how do you change it? Exactly.
you ing dumb, never played cs? you can change skins whenever you like in that game! AND I WAS TALKING ABOUT DEDI'S, how do you want to unlock a skin in a player match? Exactly.

It's really simple: make some sort of menu you can open during the game, do whatever you want to do, and voila, you change directly. Not this idiot console "let's wait for lobby to change anything" way!

Last edited by Detritis: 03-11-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #6
Kurakkon

Detritis/karazax, you're 100% correct.

AVP has a fundamentally flawed MP system bolted onto it, quite clearly coded for a gimped console market.

All it serves is to provide frustration for PC gamers. Frustration at all the loading, frustration at the lack of basic features that we've taken for granted for the last 20 years and frustration at all the loading.

Yes I realise that I named loading twice but it's really that much of a problem. Sort it.
Kurakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
Xero Anarian

Quote:
Exactly. I try to change up my species every match...

I sure do hate people who are so stubborn and refuse to play anything but one class.
Xero Anarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
McL0v1N 42

I rather like the lobby system, waiting for maybe 20 seconds doesn't hurt anything and lets you pick what you want to be before the match starts, that can't be a bad thing. I agree that there should be a way to switch species and such in game but that doesn't have to rule out the lobby system, also, I wish that the marines could decide what gun to start with.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #9
SolidusPrime

Quote:
Because it's waaaaaaay better to be able to change teams/race while the map is already loaded, not only you don't have to wait for all the tards to ready themselves in the lobby, but you can balance teams DIRECTLY if you'd be able to change teams DURING A MATCH.
You are talking dedis, not ranked matchmaking SO

FOR THE MILLIONTH ING TIME you can change your goddam race in dedis, NO RATIO, you can set a TIMER so D-bags cant hold up the server. Only ignorant admins have servers with those problems still

Quote:
Of course, you can only change sides if the team sizes are unbalanced. and change race if the ratios allow it.
Not in dedis. Ratios don't mean .

Quote:
Let's see this in a practical situation(lobby system):
You start a game, then for no reason 3 people on your team get a disconnection error. (I wouldn't quit for such a thing, but it would jarate me off A LOT).
This is really the only GOOD point out of that post. People leave in the middle of a match, teams are unbalanced until others join. A menu to change in the middle of the game would fix this, but would also resault in people changing race every ing time they died. Is waiting in the lobby for 2 minutes or less so ing horrible?
SolidusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
JauntyQ

Don't need a lobby to change map or team :-/ In our other games we do all of that while in-game. Map vote and team select.
JauntyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #11
Detritis

Quote:
Is waiting in the lobby for 2 minutes or less so ing horrible?
Yes it is. It takes away total immersion (one of the most important things in a game) AND it's a total waste of time. These two minutes could be spent loading the map instead of flapping our [color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color] around in a useless lobby.

And PS: I didn't know there weren't ratios in dedi's. But ratios should be an option in dedi's too, I assumed the devs would have at least that much sense, but they just keep dissapointing me, while having a game that could be so much better. (believe me, i like to play it, but these are mistakes that make me wonder if Rebellion even tries to be succesful)

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aliens vs Predator