Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare

Old 03-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
chozenmerc13

FFA owns all...

So i have been pretty much been playing FFA exclusively because of a couple of reasons.

1) DOM= A bunch of frickin idiots that have no idea how to play and try to treat it like team deathmatch.

2) CTF= See above.

3) HQ= See number 1.

4) TDM= Not enough action for me because i feel that my team mates are stealing my kills lol.

5) SAB= This mode can be fun but god the down times get boring as hell after awhile.

Anyone else here feel this way?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Dorbabatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozenmerc13 View Post
So i have been pretty much been playing FFA exclusively because of a couple of reasons.

1) DOM= A bunch of frickin idiots that have no idea how to play and try to treat it like team deathmatch.

2) CTF= See above.

3) HQ= See number 1.

4) TDM= Not enough action for me because i feel that my team mates are stealing my kills lol.

5) SAB= This mode can be fun but god the down times get boring as hell after awhile.

Anyone else here feel this way?
There is a game mode for everybody. FFA is the only game mode I don't play regularly. I just never could get into it. TDM is my favorite by far.
Dorbabatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
Jwoww

FFA is the best mode if you wanna get your KD up from doing stupid stuff in ground war. Also, if you want to do some weapon challenges since you're pretty much forced to do them
Old 03-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
chozenmerc13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwoww View Post
FFA is the best mode if you wanna get your KD up from doing stupid stuff in ground war.
LMAO that is damn true bro.
chozenmerc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
Lazakiller

No.

I play FFA only to warm up. Only for about 3-4 games.

The rest is HC HQ and some Sabotage from time to time.

Tip for you:

Keep your attitude positive when you're playing game types that require teamwork and try to assert yourself as the 'leader' type and encourage people to give you a hand when you're capping/defending.

Sometimes people don't understand how the game works and you need to explain on the mic "I am capping HQ, I could use some help here"

It's a 50/50 chance. This game is full of but some of these actually listen and the others are just doodoling around fishing for kills.
Lazakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #6
chozenmerc13

Lazakiller...+rep for you bro. I really have tried all those and had some serious success. But then it started getting old haveing to babysit and lead these people instead of actually being able to play you know what i mean.
chozenmerc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
Lazakiller

There are days when I don't mind and there are days where I try and I try but people tend to do their own thing and lose it for the team.

I have been having more bad days than good days lately but it all pays off when you get 2-3 requests a day from people you played with to be friends.

Once you have gathered enough friends to play what you like, you can move on and make a party to wreck havoc.

Sadly for me, the friends I met online are much better than my RL friends at following instructions.
Lazakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
Xenofreak

Maybe I've just had bad luck, but I can't stand FFA. All I ever find most of the time are people camping in corners. Literally all I ever find. Yeah, I can easily kill them, but it's boring just killing corner camper after corner camper.

I always do TDM with a friend or two. Usually just me and my friend are enough to get us a win. And if not, I can guarantee we almost always have people that over 10 deaths negative, if not 15.
Xenofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #9
irnbru

I stopped playing FFA because every single game I was winning by a big margin. It's just not fun when the game is that easy. I tried handicapping myself by using harder weapons, but all it did was narrow the margin. I still won most games.

I play mostly demolition and S&D now. As far as obj team gamemodes go, they're noowhere near as bad as domination for attracting noobs. The standard of players is generally higher, there are less cheaters, and even if i'm dominating, the game won't be a foregone conclusion like FFA because victory depends on the teams.
irnbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #10
FullM3taljack3T

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by irnbru View Post
I stopped playing FFA because every single game I was winning by a big margin. It's just not fun when the game is that easy. I tried handicapping myself by using harder weapons, but all it did was narrow the margin. I still won most games.

I play mostly demolition and S&D now. As far as obj team gamemodes go, they're noowhere near as bad as domination for attracting noobs. The standard of players is generally higher, there are less cheaters, and even if i'm dominating, the game won't be a foregone conclusion like FFA because victory depends on the teams.
man I'll tell u what:i play to win.i hate tdm because its too damn short.if i get a good team and get 10-12 kills it jaratees me off.i choose to prestige so i don't get any weapon challenges done.FFA is the best by far.i never get below 25 kills,and i win most of the matches i play.
when i feel the need to really own i play domination(3-4 chopper gunners makes u feel good).
when i feel the need for a challenge i play S&D. i never play hardcore because there are a lot of noobs that shoot u because of jealousy.it happened to me more than once,so it.
FFA IS BY FAR THE BEST!
FullM3taljack3T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #11
b00n4lyf

I don't like FFA.
I never played it.
Only played it 10 times to get the challenge done for it.
Further than that... Naw. Don't like playing it.
b00n4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #12
bakstab3r

Banned
i like demolition, its like a long version of SND. IT also rewards a large match bonus (i got over 7k of match bonus for defusing 3 bombs). Still a fun game type in my book.
bakstab3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #13
Harblong

FFA doesn't fit how I play. I'll be honest, I'll finish at between 20-30 kills and maybe 5-10 deaths, and of course the winner is 30-29. The gamemode rewards DERP SPAWN SYSTEM
Harblong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #14
majebudsmog

im liking SnD, i like sneaking around and it reminds me of my favorite game, cs 1.6
majebudsmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
TempleofStaley

Love, love, love Search and Destroy. I am a hit or miss player, but really like having the bomb- as I'll make an effort to plant it. Still, I feel bad if I'm having a "miss" sort of day.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare