Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > i'm not alone

Old 03-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
asmotaku

Red face This is so NOT a game.

Is there a way to get rid of this scythe-loving loon without falling asleep ?

"I'm not alone" ... run people, this is bad experience and bad technology as devrs likes to say.

Seriously... a 40 y.o main character, made after a paparazzi shot of
Billy-Ray Cyrus, is being molested by crippled naked pre-pubescent maidens (for a sample of body fluids ?) while he's taking a walk around smelly ponds ? *grin*

Even the usual zombies resembles Redneck Rampage old geezers without a shirt !

And talk about this scythe-equipped wimp in level 6, which can't do you any substantial damage, but cannot be killed either (I quit the game after spending 30mn hitting him with a weapon which coarsly looks like a robin-hunting crossbow).

Maybe I'll just pretend level 5 of "I'm not alone chundering while playing" is the last of the game, giving the main protagonist the joy of making young virgins skeal at each bolt hitting them in the sushi.

Last edited by asmotaku: 03-11-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
wingers17

well, so far I like it, yes, it's not the best but if fits my needs for a Haunted House game. I like the atmosphere. Yes the old women in the beginning has a horrible model, but uh, it's not a big deal.

Each his own I guess, I'll admit it's not an AAA game, but I like it!
wingers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
asmotaku

You're perfectly right Wingers17. To each his own rating I guess.

I should have explained in more details the flaws I notices in this ...well... game, since it is branded as one.
  1. [1] No in-game access to the config menu...one must (save game)/(modify settings)/(load game) in order to change his own keys bindings.

[2] Not being able to modify mouse bindings. *duh* Thanks for the fingers-impaired buyers.

[3] Not being able to combine strafe/move = no diagonal movements ! Pacman returns !

[4] Savegames loadings are waaaay too long when loading from/to the very same level. Although this game's maps are 1/10th those of half-life in complexity (hello, 2010 here).

[5] Many objects (amphoreas, vases, lampposts...) suffers a post-processing that makes them looks like 2D sprites. Enjoy the shaders peoples !

[6] Two to three sounds per actor : taunt, pain, die. Always the same.

[7] Crappy quality check : after killing the twin maids in the english version, I got a nice german speech. I hope it wasn't "mein kampf".

[8] Poor level design : the first map (mansion) one of the most complex amongst all, yet the very same bust appears 3 times in an 6-foot square area, or the same chest of drawers is being repeated on every single yard of a corridor. That soo realistic ! Others levels, such as the ponds (lvl5) don't even have features. But to be frank, I'm not so adamant about level design. I've seen worse elsewhere.

[9] Sluggish UI events tracking : one must press the same key several time without moving the character in order for the "keyPress" to be processed. "Draw these daggers out, there's a meanie here dammit !"

[10] Same combats/action/dialogues being repeated over and over without variations : levels 3, 4 and 5 are a good example of it. Especially the 5th.

[11] The price : 30 buck for THIS ? It's a scam ! Or is it a prank ? Oooh, I get it : april's fool's near !

[12] Poor framerate reported (see Gamefaqs BBS for examples). As far as I'm concerned, I don't have any complaint to raise here.

Anyway: is this game a punishment for PC players not spending any buck on the console's market ? Those $30 (or even worse: €30) should have been spent on the Indie games market !

Last edited by asmotaku: 03-11-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
wingers17

You know, I agree with most of your points, But like I said for simple game I am enjoying it. It probably is because it reminds me of some of older games I like, such as Realms of the haunting!

Sometimes I just like bad games
wingers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
BionicAir

everyones got their own taste in games..personally,it looked good to me in the youtube videos..its got good atmospheric/haunting ambient music..has good creepy atmosphere in it all together..but nothing i'd pay 35$ for tbh..prob when it becomes alot cheaper i'll give it a go
BionicAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:16 AM   #6
Alienchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingers17 View Post
Realms of the haunting!
oh what wouldn't I give to have that game available on Steam...
Alienchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #7
azmothman

Yeah realms of the haunting was a decent game, if you liked that game you may remember a game called Clive Barkers Undying. That game had some good scares:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y5qD...eature=related
azmothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:34 AM   #8
I-no

Since you did not point that out, is there actually a way to save your game without quitting to the main menu and having to re-load the just created savestate again (which takes up wayy too much time)?
I'd like to save a little more often than I actually do because the combat is way too dodgy and the hit detection awful (it seems certain foes are just invulnerable during certain animations, like after-attack or the likes)..
Plus, your character can only aim downwards so far, and thus steep terrain is your biggest enemy.

(Not sure why, I got the german line as well.. but I think all it says is something inconsequential and unnecessary as always.)
Old 03-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #9
FroggystyleXZ95

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-no View Post
Since you did not point that out, is there actually a way to save your game without quitting to the main menu and having to re-load the just created savestate again (which takes up wayy too much time)?
I'd like to save a little more often than I actually do because the combat is way too dodgy and the hit detection awful (it seems certain foes are just invulnerable during certain animations, like after-attack or the likes)..
Plus, your character can only aim downwards so far, and thus steep terrain is your biggest enemy.

(Not sure why, I got the german line as well.. but I think all it says is something inconsequential and unnecessary as always.)
Hit F7 to save your game and F8 to load it.
FroggystyleXZ95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #10
Iconoclast XVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmothman View Post
Yeah realms of the haunting was a decent game, if you liked that game you may remember a game called Clive Barkers Undying. That game had some good scares:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y5qD...eature=related
That they need to bring to Steam. Had it on my old laptop (desktop was too overpowering for it), and got stuck at one part then sold the laptop. Lost the game after that... :/
Iconoclast XVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > i'm not alone