Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > i'm not alone

Old 03-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
hamsteralliance

Not sure where to go next

Hurr.

Well, I'm stuck.

I've collected a bunch of items, I've fought a few things and now I have no idea where to go.

I have in my possession:

Spoiler:
The daggers, the crossbow, a lighter, a paperknife, Key 2, Pendants A and B, a diary, 3 pieces of sheet music and a code (by using the bleach on the paper).

So, I've done all the stuff associated with obtaining those items. What now? I can't find a place where the unused items
Spoiler:
Pendants, Lighter and Paperknife
could be used.

Where do I go? :P
Old 03-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
renegader250

I think you are the only one in the world who got that far, every one else gave up on that game.
renegader250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
hamsteralliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegader250 View Post
I think you are the only one in the world who got that far, every one else gave up on that game.
I think asmotaku got further, he's talking about level 6 stuff. Haha. :P
hamsteralliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
asmotaku

1. [1]Use music sheet 3 on the lounge's piano keyboard to get the dead pupil attack you (stab her many times until you're prompted to use the "action" button, and "Robbie Ray Cyrus" will set her on fire with the lighter." (that's the power of country music boys)

[2]Go back in the library where you found the crossbow/paperknife, and use the pendant on the center part of the widest wall of the room. Pick the necronomicon (of whatever book it is) from the stand, and use your paper knife to rip the cover from it : you gain a chemical formulae of "great prunes potions for great poops cravers".

[3] Use the formula to complete the dosage of chemical agents with the 3 valves in the bedroom (adjoining the bathroom). When the dosage's correct, the tub will fill to the brim with a appetizing brown goo. Enter the bathroom, wander a few steps to get the crazy nurse around, and maneuvre to force her taking a dip (she steps back at each hit she takes).

[4] Enter the last room in the corridor you came in when you woke up. There's a file you can use to sharpen the paper knife. Use the sharpened knife to cut the chandelier loose.

[5] Try to find the right sequence with those 7 cute bells the knights are holding in their gauntlets.

Next, on I'm not Alone (puking): "How to find a good wine in a creepy cellar."

Last edited by asmotaku: 03-12-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #5
hamsteralliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmotaku View Post
  1. [2]Go back in the library where you found the crossbow/paperknife, and use the pendant on the center part of the widest wall of the room. Pick the necronomicon (of whatever book it is) from the stand, and use your paper knife to rip the cover from it : you gain a chemical formulae of "great prunes potions for great poops cravers".
Thanks, asmotaku. This seems to be the step that isn't working for me. There's an action prompt on the bookshelf, but I can't use any of my items on it. The spot is kinda shaped like a lion head, so it's logical that the pendant would be used there, but it's not working. I've tried positioning myself differently and nothing works, so I guess that's the end of my Youtube playthrough. :P
Old 03-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
asmotaku

Did you assemble the two pendants (A & B) to make a whole one ? Dive into your inventory (default key 'I') and click on any pendant's "combine with" icon as you did to get the code from paper+bleach.

Remember that the game won't let "Robbie Ray Cyrus" use the right item at the right place implicitly. You must move your character to the point of usage ('till you get the red "action" hand), then open your inventory and use the same "hand" icon appearing on the left of the item you wanna use.

If it's still not working, then CONGRATS ! You've just discovered another of it's sucking glitches.

Last edited by asmotaku: 03-12-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:29 AM   #7
hamsteralliance

Thanks for the help. I thought I had tried combining them, but hey, who knows. I'm quite a bit further now and laughing my off most of the time. I've just used the star-shaped key to open the big steel door in the entrance hall.

Also; HULKING GREAT GUY.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #8
I-no

I'm not sure if there was any pointer to what order you sound those bells that the knights are holding.. maybe in the diary, but there seems to be simply no indication.
Since it's kind of pointless and frustrating to do it by trial and error, I've noted down the correct order.

If we'd assume that the door that you enter the room by is the south, and the fireplace is to the north, it would look a little something like this, assuming that 'X' stands for the knights..

X(1) X(3) (Fireplace) X(7) X(4)

____________________X(2)
X(6)

_________________(Locker)
X(5)

________(Entrance)

The numbers next to each 'X' represent the order in which to hit them. I hope that saves you some precious time.

And I got to chapter 6, too, and planned to do a complete detailled walkthrough, but reading this forum, I stopped to ask myself the question:

Would anyone even READ and make use of that..?
Old 03-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #9
hamsteralliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-no View Post
And I got to chapter 6, too, and planned to do a complete detailled walkthrough, but reading this forum, I stopped to ask myself the question:

Would anyone even READ and make use of that..?
Dunno, but people seem to be enjoying my videos of the game, haha.

I'm on Chapter 8 now. I've exited a labyrinth and now I'm in this room with statues and levers. I have to flip the levers in the correct order to proceed but I haven't been able to figure out what that order is.

There's a hint in the diary talking about 8 prostitutes, the vague order in which they were killed in and that the fourth one survived, but so far no interpretation of that hint has lead to a solution for me.

If any one else is up to that spot, let me in on the secret.

EDIT - the answer: 2, 7, 4, 1, 6, 3.

Last edited by hamsteralliance: 03-13-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #10
ichiguy

How did you get into the room with where you get a crossbow and paper knife? I've been wandering around the mansion looking for a room that gives me those two items, but all the rooms are either locked or I've been there before. I killed the girl, got part of a key, both halves of the pendant, a wooden cane, etc. I'm so stuck.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
wingers17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsteralliance View Post
Dunno, but people seem to be enjoying my videos of the game, haha.

I'm on Chapter 8 now. I've exited a labyrinth and now I'm in this room with statues and levers. I have to flip the levers in the correct order to proceed but I haven't been able to figure out what that order is.

There's a hint in the diary talking about 8 prostitutes, the vague order in which they were killed in and that the fourth one survived, but so far no interpretation of that hint has lead to a solution for me.

If any one else is up to that spot, let me in on the secret.

EDIT - the answer: 2, 7, 4, 1, 6, 3.
Keep it up! I for one, like this game. I am sorry people don't like it I am glad I got it and I hope you keep up with the walk-through!
wingers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #12
hamsteralliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiguy View Post
How did you get into the room with where you get a crossbow and paper knife? I've been wandering around the mansion looking for a room that gives me those two items, but all the rooms are either locked or I've been there before. I killed the girl, got part of a key, both halves of the pendant, a wooden cane, etc. I'm so stuck.
Did you find the cane? It's in the Storage Room in the Study, which is the room with the combination code access. Take the cane and use it on the armor standing outside of the Piano Room. It'll lower a ladder inside the Piano Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingers17
Keep it up! I for one, like this game. I am sorry people don't like it I am glad I got it and I hope you keep up with the walk-through!
I'm on the final boss now.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #13
ichiguy

Ok, I got past that part, and proceeded past the labyrinth and killing the twins. I'm back at the entrance of the house where the statue is and fire is all around me and baddies are popping every which way. Now I'm confused to as what I'm suppose to do next.

On a side note, does the frame rate seem completely awful to anyone else or is it just me?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:41 AM   #14
hamsteralliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiguy View Post
Ok, I got past that part, and proceeded past the labyrinth and killing the twins. I'm back at the entrance of the house where the statue is and fire is all around me and baddies are popping every which way. Now I'm confused to as what I'm suppose to do next.

On a side note, does the frame rate seem completely awful to anyone else or is it just me?
The framerate in this game is horrible, yes. :P

Use the secondary fire on the crossbow to build up, "over panic" and proceed in that area.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:29 AM   #15
hamsteralliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsteralliance View Post
I'm on the final boss now.

...And I'm stuck on the final boss. I keep my distance and circle strafe while shooting and can keep doing that forever - but the fight never seems to end.

The final boss momentarily keels over after enough shots are fired but nothing I do seems to do anything. I run over and mash the action button while circling them and nothing happens. I try shooting them in specific locations - nothing. I simply cannot kill them.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > i'm not alone