Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 03-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
Sepulch

An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.

Go figure I just bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky using Paypal. After that I tried buying S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call Of Pripyat but I got the "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed" right after choosing Paypal as a payment option.

I had this problem before, Steam support said they "unlocked" something on my account. Very annoying, googling this issue it seems that I'm far from alone with this issue.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
Seth.Sekhmet

did you try again to make the order ?

I've seen that error first time when I tried to buy L4D. It was due to some lag and errors on the secured communication between my browser and steam servers I guess. The error even gets logged in my account transaction history as a failed purchase.
However, I did not had to contact support, just try again in 1 hour and it all went smooth. Used the same cc as the first time.
Seth.Sekhmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
Sepulch

I tried a zillion times, rebooting, another computer, etc. It appears to be some sort of anti-fraud thing that is enabled on my account. Customer support then unlocks it and I can buy again. Everytime I conduct a purchase this seem to happen, very weird and annoying. I've missed two promo's so far due to this error and not making the promo in time.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
Seth.Sekhmet

yeah... in this case you need to contact support again.
keep in mind that tomorrow (monday) it is a scheduled maintenance down-time, so you'll get your reply delayed a bit.
Seth.Sekhmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
antena

Old thread but I thought better than opening a new one so to confirm, we don't get charged if this happens right?

I've used the PayPal method and it told me this error after payment.

sake, I HAVE been charged...grr...Refer all help to this thread please:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1237867

Last edited by antena: 04-23-2010 at 04:22 PM.
antena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
KillerChris1213

I got this at one point, and all I had to do is wait it out. Just sleep on it, and if that doesn't work, sleep on it again. It took me 2 days, then I got the game.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
TDW

Banned
This is why I never use my PayPal account directly to pay on Steam.

Here's a quick workaround that I use.
1. Login to PayPal
2. On the right hand side, you should see "My account tools" and underneath it you will see "PayPal Plug-In". If you don't see it then see if this direct link works for you https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_vdc-hub
3. Go to "Secure cards"
4. Click "Generate a new card"
5. It will generate a Mastercard debit card that you can use on any site that accepts Mastercard.
6. Pay on steam using the card info generated.
7. Your PayPal account will get charged as usual.

This was a plugin that PayPal made to help it's users and give them the chance to pay on sites that don't accept PayPal as a payment. Many people don't know about it because it wasn't widely advertised. Hope this helps.
TDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #8
smartseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDW View Post
This is why I never use my PayPal account directly to pay on Steam.

Here's a quick workaround that I use.
1. Login to PayPal
2. On the right hand side, you should see "My account tools" and underneath it you will see "PayPal Plug-In". If you don't see it then see if this direct link works for you https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_vdc-hub
3. Go to "Secure cards"
4. Click "Generate a new card"
5. It will generate a Mastercard debit card that you can use on any site that accepts Mastercard.
6. Pay on steam using the card info generated.
7. Your PayPal account will get charged as usual.

This was a plugin that PayPal made to help it's users and give them the chance to pay on sites that don't accept PayPal as a payment. Many people don't know about it because it wasn't widely advertised. Hope this helps.
Doesn't seem to work in the UK

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips