Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series

Old 03-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
avalanch07

I hate some of the control changes

for example, I'm used to right clicking or using attack move to move around & pick up loot. However they changed the "target" icon from a bullseye to some smaller orange thing...

Also when right clicking to try to pick up an item it wants to set my gun aim (which happens when you hold down right click & spin the mouse, release to set it) so sometimes now my melee unit will sit there trying to aim his gun while everyone runs out in front of him going to the target.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
aerundel

The target icon changes to whatever button you're using. Like if you hit Z, it changes to a fist because you're forcing the unit to melee. It's not that strange of a change, imo.

Btw, you don't need to issue any command to pickup loot. Just left-click it. Right-click seems to be bugged since it sticks on the loot and tries to issue a facing command, but that will probably be fixed soon.
aerundel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
MyLittleBirdy

After having played it for more than ten minutes I realised that I would have to be an idiot to not be able to just left click to pick up loot. It's not hard to get used to. Everything else is the same unless you wanna force melee or ranged attacks.

Seriously.
MyLittleBirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
nanosheep

I'm used to right clicking cause you're targeting the bloody box with right click.
nanosheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
RavN

Yeah right clicking on pickups seems bugged. left click works also for pickup supplies except it sometimes deselects all your units making picking up supplies in combat a drag.
RavN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #6
aerundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavN View Post
...except it sometimes deselects all your units making picking up supplies in combat a drag.
UNLESS you enable sticky selection in the options. That way you can click the ground/loot as much as you want and you won't lose a selected unit until you select another
aerundel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #7
Cyrielx2

And if you don't use sticky targeting, make sure you set a group number (generally 1 for all my dudes). Ctrl+# to create, # to recall.
Cyrielx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series