Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 03-18-2010, 03:14 AM   #1
aznmaster19

Question some food for your thought (maybe)

i just had a round where the whole other team was between lvl 20-28 and doing nothing but gl spam and carl gustav spamming, most of them having at least 7 stars on their respective explosive. we still won and i'm pretty sure they were coordinated seeing how they were all clannies and preforming somewhat strategic moves. (someone set charge, carl gustav spam it)
seeing most of them carry around their launcher and firing despite the range, it made me wonder if the saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" applies to a lot of people in-game. don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good people in this game that still occasionally spam for good measures but using the grenade launcher or carl gustav as a primary means of killing others even when the knife or gun will do just fine? out of the 20 times i've died that round, 18 were from explosions by people who are in between the levels of 20-28.
with people over lvl 20, you can expect them to be more "skillful" in their tactics and actions as they have learned from trial and error about which weapon to use and which not to use. but with this bunch, it seems that they have stuck with using splash damage as their means of killing from lvl 1 till now. although it is an effective tactic, it seems like a lot of people who use the "explosion route" never deviate from their habits and continue to use that same tactic until they reach the top.
i'm not bashing or complaining (or at least not trying to), but doesn't it make you think that the people who never deviate or change tactics will eventually ruin the game more than it has already? with more and more people choosing to go the "explosion route", it has become a common route and maybe eventually be accepted as the "right" way of playing the game. as i have witnessed for myself a whole entire clan choosing to use that tactic, it will be a shame if most rounds will always become a battle of who has the bigger rocket. hopefully as people start to level up more, they will start to use explosives less often and start using their main guns and tactics as the game intended.

tl;dr: high lvl people use rocket spam as main means of killing, future of game might be at risk

Old 03-18-2010, 03:18 AM   #2
TaSMaNiaC

Why would they continue to use this "tactic" if they can't win with it? It'll pass. They were probably just messing around or testing it out.
TaSMaNiaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:01 AM   #3
badxcompany2

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaSMaNiaC View Post
Why would they continue to use this "tactic" if they can't win with it? It'll pass. They were probably just messing around or testing it out.
Precisely. You nailed it. +rep

If you see this, ignore it, manuever around the fire, and win the game. Lay down smoke, disapear, hit the objectives, and win the game.
badxcompany2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:35 AM   #4
hudson633

I doubt the fire was co-ordinated, an armed M-Com is the biggest target. They'd individually choose to fire at it, like hivemind.
hudson633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:39 AM   #5
Inimical_rize

I read up to GL and CG spam and thought. tl;dr
Inimical_rize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:23 AM   #6
devilsrefugee

i really hope something is done about the spam tbh, its becoming more and more frequant. Add self damage on CG within a 20ft radius and stop nades/rocks filling up from ammo boxes.

Imagine all the cry babies? "bawwwwww i cant restock my spam weapon bawwwwww this game suckz0rs!!!12345"

I would love it!
devilsrefugee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series