Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dragon Age series > Dragon Age Origins

Old 03-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
partiallylit

No AI in awakening?

So finally the game gets released here in Oceania. I boot it up, everything is fine until I get in game. At this point the AI for NPC's and enemies doesn't work, enemies let me walk up to them and chop them, and they heal while I do this as if they are out of combat. The other party member follows me, but never attacks anything.

Anyone know what is wrong?

Old 03-19-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
GhettoLevis

The only thing that happens to me (from time to time), is when I accidentally tell my group to Halt!. Permanently confuses the heck out of me, but at least it's easily remified by pressing the "h" key.

Other than that, no AI problems here. Have you checked their scripts?
Old 03-19-2010, 01:57 AM   #3
partiallylit

Yeah it isn't their scripts. As I say the enemies just stand around as well, which has nothing to do with the party scripts. It seems like the AI has been completely disabled, but I have no idea why. I can actually play the entire game, as conversations and area triggered event scripts all work, and I ran few the first few levels. Yet none of the enemies fight me wierd

This also isn't a problem with the original. I can load up a save of the original campaign, and everything is normal.

Last edited by partiallylit: 03-19-2010 at 02:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #4
Jito463

Checked any mods you might have installed? Could be causing a conflict.
Jito463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #5
vagoo

Have the same issue. And think the cause are a mod. So best bet are to remove them all.

I tried with removing both the game and Awakening. But then got the issue that it can't recognise Awakening.

Got it working as it should now and it was due to mods, unsure which since I just deleted all of them.

Last edited by vagoo: 03-20-2010 at 07:12 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dragon Age series > Dragon Age Origins