Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 03-19-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
it.me

D-Link DIR-615 router & CS:S

Ok so bottom line is that i am trying to get my son and myself to connect to CS:S at the same time on the server that i have been playing on for years.

Now to start off both PC's are fully up to date and work fine with everything else. No problems what so ever! Mine is on Win 7 x64 and my son's is Win XP x86. We can see each other on the network all the time. I also have a laptop for my daughter and various other devices all connect through my D-link DIR-615 and can access the internet/eachother fine.

Ok so here's the story and how it all panned out and came to this problem i have now.

In the past when my son had CS:S on his PC we've both been able to connect and play for as long as we wanted but a couple of night's ago if i was already on the server and he tried to connect he get's kick straight away and the same goes for if he's connected first either of us get the error message - "Disconnect: Processusercmds: Incorrect reading frame (Check sending and recieving code for mismatches)". And this is a constant thing from like i said a couple of day's ago. Nothing has changed on my network or any of the system network settings or with the router in question.

I can't figure this out from my end and i'm starting to think it's the server or is there anyone out there that can shed some light on this situation?

Thank you in advance for anything useful
Old 03-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
caveman26

what i would do is write down all the settings and reset the router back to defult and try again start with opening up the ports for steam and the servers you play on

http://portforward.com/english/route...outerindex.htm
caveman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:15 AM   #3
ester25

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman26 View Post
what i would do is write down all the settings and reset the router back to defult and try again start with opening up the ports for steam and the servers you play on

http://portforward.com/english/route...outerindex.htm
Port forwarding is needed for hosting a server, not connecting to it.

OP, have you tried Configuring a router for multiple clients (specify different client ports)
ester25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
it.me

Ok thanks for the replies but i have done a full factory reset on the router and fully reconfigured it, also ALL ports are open on it anyway.

We've been doing some testing today and it seems as if it's the server we are trying to get on that's the problem.

The reasons i am sure of this is...

We can both connect and stay connected to any other server. But when we try to go back to the server in question the second person to try and connect get's the "Disconnect: ProcessUsercmds: Incorrect reading frame (check sending and receiving code for mismatches)" message again. Infact i can still connect to it but my son gets the message everytime now...

Oh and ester25, I have tried the "Configuring a router for multiple clients" link that you posted and still no luck.

This is starting to drive me cracker's now

Last edited by it.me: 03-19-2010 at 07:43 AM.
it.me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:28 AM   #5
caveman26

Q: What open ports my firewall needs for steam to work? (#6)
A: If you use a router these ports must be open in order for steam to work correctly.
UDP 1200
UDP 27000 to 27015
TCP 27030 to 27039

Computers running Dedicated Servers need these ports open:
UDP: 27015 and 27020 (default HLDS port)
caveman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #6
it.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman26 View Post
Q: What open ports my firewall needs for steam to work? (#6)
A: If you use a router these ports must be open in order for steam to work correctly.
UDP 1200
UDP 27000 to 27015
TCP 27030 to 27039

Computers running Dedicated Servers need these ports open:
UDP: 27015 and 27020 (default HLDS port)
Like i said in my last post. All ports are open while i am trying to resolve this issue. So ports can't and won't be the problem here. But thanks all the same for trying

Last edited by it.me: 03-19-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #7
ester25

Quote:
Originally Posted by it.me View Post
We can both connect and stay connected to any other server. But when we try to go back to the server in question the second person to try and connect get's the "Disconnect: ProcessUsercmds: Incorrect reading frame (check sending and receiving code for mismatches)" message again. Infact i can still connect to it but my son gets the message everytime now...
well, it could be some plug-in that server is running then.

But if it's only one computer getting that error, maybe you need to verify game cache
(having latest firmware on router is also recommended)
ester25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
it.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ester25 View Post
well, it could be some plug-in that server is running then.

But if it's only one computer getting that error, maybe you need to verify game cache
(having latest firmware on router is also recommended)

Sounds like it could be the problem. I have also verified game cache on both PC's.

The way i look at it is if we can both connect to any other server and stay connected it has to be the server in question's fault. Am i right here?

Also i have heard that some people have had to Clone MAC address through their router to get rid of such problems. I'm just stuck on which MAC address this is exactly reffering to. The cable modem, the router or my PC?

I'm lost now as i have tried all of this throughout the day. It's given me a headache now
Old 05-28-2010, 04:28 PM   #9
yes.good.ok

Banned
same man the same!
yes.good.ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #10
noman_ex

Probably something to do with the fact that the two of you are sharing the same IP address. I am afraid that there might not be a solution.
noman_ex is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips