Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 03-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
mnovachis

Is there stealth in CoP?

like, can i go into a camp and silently take out everyone? also, is there a silencer attachment/or silenced guns?

Old 03-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
Grandpa_Ang

Silenced guns, yes. although I've had no luck with stealth so far. Only a few times I've managed to execute a few stealth eliminations. They usually end up with me taking one out by the head, while the other ignores this and walks away.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
darkdeus

yes it works for me. I took out almost the whole merc base sneaking around and head shoting people at night.
darkdeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:25 AM   #4
Platinumoxicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdeus View Post
yes it works for me. I took out almost the whole merc base sneaking around and head shoting people at night.
I tried that too. I moved very silently and slowly and I managed to take out about 3 guys before the faint silenced gunshots from my 9mm MP5 suddenly put the whole base on alert. But it was intense. Without nightvision you couldn't see anything.
Platinumoxicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
Awakening

I'm at this Ranger Station, or something similar and I have to collect media for a side mission, it's 00:15 I've killed two guards already and there is two that pace the area, one on the walkway around the side of the building, and another right by the door. If I even think of shooting either one with a silenced sniper *Tide*, just how I killed the first two guards, a loud voice will simply say, "Kill that ," or something. Keep in mind this is pitch black at 00:15 with a SILENCED weapon. And the whole base instantly finds me. None of them have NV as far as I can tell, and I can't get close enough to knife even crouching and walking.

Seems really buggy to me.
Awakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
Saffire123

That merc base just sucks in general.
They know where you are at all times, no matter how stealthy.
And, to add to all that my frames jump from 70 to 10 in weird spots.
Saffire123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
Awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffire123 View Post
Wow, you also have that issue? I have an amazing rig that maxes crysis/bc2/metro yet this game dips to 8 quite frequently... especially around this base. Poor optimization I guess, running F3 at like 40~80fps too.
Awakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #8
JBBooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffire 123 View Post
I just finished that on Master.
Spoiler:
Stay in the pipe above the table that has the laptop. The first kill is the sentry that walks past the table. After that, I back up and look right to the door going outside. Almost all of the rest will come past here. A scoped weapon is a plus. The last guy stays on the bottom floor, so I go back outside thru the pipe, and come in the western door. Bang, 10 down.
JBBooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series