Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > R.U.S.E

Old 03-22-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
hoshizora

Unhappy Fun but disappointing game :(

my fourth attempt at 2v2 in a row ruined by my ally rage quitting

against two Italians.. I warned him at the very beginning, they'll rush.. "I know" he replied.. the italian closest to him tank rushed

my response was to build an at base.. while his was to build a barracks

my AT guns were in place just in time to ambush the tanks as they rolled towards my ally.. but they could only do so much

"help me" he cried.. even as I came under bomber attack, I rushed research on tank destroyers and sent them into the fray.. he continued to attack with infantry.

his HQ falls.. "ur bad" he tells me as he rage quits~
after a 10 minute battle I regain control.. only to be bombed back to the stone age

A major victory for my opponents.. I came out with the highest individual kill score A dang fun game~ but still ruined by that rage quitter..

so, I won't blame the guy who rushed, it was a legitimate move, and if he had targeted me he would have failed.. but I feel the need to vent a little at the pain-in-the- who rage quits just because he can't defend against 3 or 4 crap italian tanks.

It did turn out to be a fun game for 15 minutes after the guy quit though .. but then I was just tired of it and wanting the end.

I'll end my rant/vent there

Old 03-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
3Form

Me and my friend ventured into some 2v2s today. We'd only played 3v3 and 4v4 until then. The first game was a walkover, but the second was markedly more difficult and thus entertaining. I'd always guessed that the less crap players would be hanging out in 1v1 and 2v2. I went mass prototype armoured recons as France in a 3v3 yesterday....

Anyway add me on steam if you fancy some 2v2s or whatever
3Form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
rofltehcat

He builds 3 depots. No unit production building coming out yet.
Planes are taking off in the direction of his base.
I use spy to see if they are bombers or transports. They are transport planes.
"Get an MG bunker and some light tanks, quick!"
He proceeds to build 2 supply depots and a secondary headquarter.
rofltehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:35 AM   #4
Edib0y

I just don't get those people. I personally don't go co-op multiplayer until I know I'm good enough to not [terribly] fail my teammates. And that applies to all my co-op games, not just R.U.S.E.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
Feizenbara

@Rofltehcat: I think 90% of the people in this game don't even read the chat... I'm always struggling with blind players. They have like 30 medium tanks in their base, I'm at the door of ennemies with my 3 jumbo, and even if I ask for support/attack/rush your ing tanks to ennemy base, they dont move.
I'm playing in starcraft 2 beta aswell, and all I can say is: we have a ing large amount of RTS noobs here!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
Kilzet

EET IZ CUZ DIZ GAEM IZ GAEY
Kilzet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
Ansonr

Im sure in time the noobs will ether learn or quit. I usually only play with my friends while we are all in skype.
Ansonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #8
hoshizora

I have had several very enjoyable 2v2 games with just random players, but in the last 4 days it's just rage quit every time.

Except one~ how could I forget
We were double rushed by two guys who were obviously friends, one para rush and one tank.

My ally and I were talking on chat and saw it coming, we just wished each other luck and braced ourselves.
Being combination para and tank rushed at the same time was not an entirely enjoyable experience but we laughed plenty at our frantic defense, and just having a good ally and team mate made all the difference to making it a fun game.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
SrsBllsht

that one who rage quitted was me. i dont understand u the tanks attacked me and u said dont worry i thought ur anti tank will do the job for me. so the hq was destroyed which does the most of the money and it was the beginning of a long game so why i should stay.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #10
hoshizora

I can't do the job for you, I can only help.
With my at guns and your infantry we killed 3 of 4 tanks no problem.
If you had taken any effective AT measures how much of a problem do you think there would have been?

I do apologise for my rage posting of this topic though, but I wish we could have talked about it a bit or something rather than you just quiting. Neither of us learn anything then
Old 03-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #11
SrsBllsht

i didnt have anymore money because i spent it all for my infantry and i thought the surprise attack bonus should kill the most of the tanks but it wasnt like i thought. the tanks just wiped them out and rushed straight to the hq and destroyed my anti tank bunker.sry for my rage quit and my " ur bad " u dont have to take it serious i just was p.issed off and i didnt wanted to continue playing with such a start.
we maybe can play another round together and this time i'll do it better .

Last edited by SrsBllsht: 03-22-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #12
hoshizora

I understand~ and sorry for the rage of my own
but after a run of rage quitting allys I was less than impressed
but no harm done ~
Old 03-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #13
m456arcus

Hooray for making up!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #14
hoshizora

and it feels so good~
Old 03-23-2010, 12:39 AM   #15
Hux

I just had a 3 person FFA game. Started off getting fighters in the air and infantry in the forests around my base. The guy to my right responded by putting down some fortifications and some anti-air units, but I gradually pushed him back towards defeat.

So I roll on to the next guy, who has built almost nothing but structures, he's got two Wolverines, a couple of AT guns and about four AA fortifications... along with every building possible.. So I just rolled over with infantry and captured all his buildings.

Neither side fielded any real military force, just a lot of defensive structures.
Sometimes it's just too easy

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > R.U.S.E