Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Old 03-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
Artemirr

Sadness, my companion cube left me.

Can I get some prayers by the community until I get my account back...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982316713?

it was hacked and I have to wait for steam to do its magic of retrieving it as I helplessly watch him remove friends and play the games I purchased. Who dares to be this person and use my picture of myself also!!! Analogue what! Still not sure how I lost my account either brute force or the office comp has a key logger on it best not use steam at the office anymore, to chat... not sure about my home computer though it shouldn't have any malware but who knows things are getting so grrr. I hate thieves they drive an inner rage in me that could cause me to kill lol. Self control <<<< calm >>>> it is not there fault they steal they are just misguided... that is what I have to say. Of course if they are in a foreign country I may travel there if I cannot press charges I will exploit them in the real world. OThen that would make me no better then it.. Alas I wish for justice in my grievance! Note to self make a 54 alphanumeric password…
Old 03-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
mr turkey40

Can't see it now, community is down. But ya, far as I've seen they go about this fairly quickly.
mr turkey40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
SaneDunk

Wow, 63 games and you got hacked? Ouch...

Hope you get your account back.
SaneDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
richien6

Banned
Were you VAC-banned before you lost your account?

If not ... you are now
richien6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
Twilight Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by richien6 View Post
Were you VAC-banned before you lost your account?

If not ... you are now
There seriously needs to be a one more chance policy with VAC-bans.

Sucks for all the people who get hacked that they don't get a second chance.
Twilight Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #6
MADDOGGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Mage View Post
There seriously needs to be a one more chance policy with VAC-bans.

Sucks for all the people who get hacked that they don't get a second chance.
While I agree with you, they get away with it because it's our job to keep our account secure and if it gets hacked it's our fault. However anybody can screw up. They appear to do their best to get it back for people when it happens though. Still it sucks to get banned for what someone else does on your account.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #7
leahcim

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
While I agree with you, they get away with it because it's our job to keep our account secure and if it gets hacked it's our fault.
Nonsense. The victim of a crime isn't at fault.

If your car gets stolen and it's used subsequently to commit a few thousand road traffic offences the police don't prosecute you for them.

They get away with it because people let them get away with it. My advice is : don't let them get away with it - assuming they are.

The more people it happens to and the more of them that stand up for what is clearly right, the less they'll get away with it.

Step 1. If your account is stolen, gather evidence that it is, and gather evidence that Valve are aware, acknowledge the fact that it is and any actions they did, like returning the account back to you.

Step 2. If you're VAC banned, tell them you have evidence that your account was stolen and that you believe the bans occurred during that period and only that period. Ask them to remove the bans.

Step 3. If they refuse. Sue them. If you're in the USA, class action is probably a good bet especially if there are a lot of you. Remember to add in plenty for defamation - Valve have been telling anyone that looks at your account profile you're a cheat when, from step 1 and step 2, they clearly know you were not.

Last edited by leahcim: 03-23-2010 at 07:57 PM.
leahcim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #8
Artemirr

Alright I got my account back in a timely fashion running a complete scan so... far it has found nothing... I will take my program to the office and scan their machines... see if I can get anything. changed the password and made it as long as possible so meh and it seems they have a little back up system to change your password on your account. Don't know I have never given out any confidential information... although on msn.. I had accepted some erroneous person to my msn... Though that was a long time ago... and my email account was not hacked so I am not sure... but this alternate method should be a little more secure. data -.- I am happy victory, ty everyone. Thanks for the quick help... was busy watching that capitalism a love story by Michael Moore someone recommended I should watch it, but meh I sort of lost credibility in him in his last few movies... it seemed to be pretty accurate. we the people is in the constitution..
Artemirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #9
leahcim

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemirr View Post
Alright I got my account back in a timely fashion running a complete scan so... far it has found nothing... I will take my program to the office and scan their machines... see if I can get anything. changed the password and made it as long as possible so meh and it seems they have a little back up system to change your password on your account. Don't know I have never given out any confidential information... although on msn.. I had accepted some erroneous person to my msn... Though that was a long time ago... and my email account was not hacked so I am not sure... but this alternate method should be a little more secure. data -.- I am happy victory, ty everyone. Thanks for the quick help... was busy watching that capitalism a love story by Michael Moore someone recommended I should watch it, but meh I sort of lost credibility in him in his last few movies... it seemed to be pretty accurate. we the people is in the constitution..
Well your VAC status on the profile you posted says "ban(s) on record" so I wouldn't break out the champagne just yet.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #10
RedKit

LolVACBan
RedKit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #11
Artemirr

lol, well source engine one I was banned a long time ago. I downloaded programs and submitted them to vac. foolishly this got me banned as I was probably clicking on the .exe not sure how the whole system works. I have come to accept my source engine one ban... It came with the anthology box set a long time ago so I never played them anyways. Se la vie for that… As for anything else! I think not grrr. Lol As for submitting any more programs never as I don’t wish to incur a vac ban on anything else. If you look at the status it actually tells you what engine was violated.

Red Wine for me lol. Oh an dI hate that dry stuff and no cork... usaully means the bottle is cleaned with bleach ^_~
Artemirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:58 AM   #12
leahcim

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemirr View Post
If you look at the status it actually tells you what engine was violated.
It'll probably take a while for the new bans to appear. You'll be very lucky if they don't.

I imagine you'll be outta luck getting them removed with your account history.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2