Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Supreme Commander series

Old 03-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
MasterOfTheTide

Please release the mod+map tools!

Because this game stinks and need the community to make it back into a real Supreme Commander game. They should have called this game Supreme Commander 0.5 - Toddlers Edition.

Chris Taylor you fail.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
Spikx

Yeah... because a post as positive as yours will increase the probability of that going to happen
Spikx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
RCIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikx View Post
Yeah... because a post as positive as yours will increase the probability of that going to happen
This.
RCIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
JEWNICRON

Don't dis.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
DrSuperGood

I would like to see some seriously sick AI buffing mods. Where the AI starts to behave like multiple religion''s gods are giving it power and can single handidly mess up teams of humans. A good place to start would be modifying the turtle AI to stick to defense and try a combination of artillery, unit launchers and sending in a big doomsday army of 300+ units.

Nuke nerfing mods for AI games would also be nice as currently the AI are all to fond of blowing you to hell by tripple nuking a single player (why they probably have no late game huge army attack strat).

It seems from my view the current game ballence is towards nukes. Once nukes are in play it becomes a who will nuke who fist competition and who can spam the most nukes. This keeps games very short which a lot of people like, but some of us actually want the thrill of flattenening enemies with armies. Thus why any AI mods should include serious nuke nerfs so as to keep the game a army based stratergy game instead of the cold war. They are strategic weapons, not a substitute for artillery or tacticle missles.

Last edited by DrSuperGood: 03-23-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:11 AM   #6
Latrodectus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSuperGood View Post
I would like to see some seriously sick AI buffing mods. Where the AI starts to behave like multiple religion''s gods are giving it power and can single handidly mess up teams of humans. A good place to start would be modifying the turtle AI to stick to defense and try a combination of artillery, unit launchers and sending in a big doomsday army of 300+ units.

Nuke nerfing mods for AI games would also be nice as currently the AI are all to fond of blowing you to hell by tripple nuking a single player (why they probably have no late game huge army attack strat).

It seems from my view the current game ballence is towards nukes. Once nukes are in play it becomes a who will nuke who fist competition and who can spam the most nukes. This keeps games very short which a lot of people like, but some of us actually want the thrill of flattenening enemies with armies. Thus why any AI mods should include serious nuke nerfs so as to keep the game a army based stratergy game instead of the cold war. They are strategic weapons, not a substitute for artillery or tacticle missles.
Remember people, vote pro-choice.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
Lorent

I'd be happy with just SupCom1 Gold on steam if they could manage that, already have it on impulse but meh... im a steam airconditioned youth

-loving the steam text changer -
Old 03-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
Bnk88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrodectus View Post
Remember people, vote pro-choice.
I always forget are we supposed to ignore trolls, or call them out and exile them?

What was wrong with the post you quoted?
Old 03-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
aleksanderstorm

I think maybe he was making fun of the anti-nuke stance? I know I feel like a 'so what?' on the Strategic Missile issue, since it's really not that hard to prepare for AI nuking storms before they start... it's just the matter of timing. And the only way to effectively counter-nuke a decent player or a hard/cheating AI would be to spam-nuke to try and overwhelm the anti-nuke defenses. By the time that would start, I'd likely have four Strategic silos prepped with at least a few anti-missiles each. Personally, I'd rather artillery the bastards and save my late-game resources for anti-nukes and an actual army.

If anything, getting nuked into submission by AIs is the game's way of telling you 'you're doing it wrong' ... could we get that made into a poster?

Last edited by aleksanderstorm: 03-24-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #10
DrSuperGood

Well, I am aware you can block the nukes once GPG patches the game so that anti nukes work as intended. Currently however in a 3v3 or 4v4 cheating AI, they often multi nuke focus you and even 2 * hard AI were sending 3+ nukes a minute.

I agree it can be countered once the game is fixed, but currently your anti nukes are usless as you might have 10 missles, but thats ehough for only 4 nukes (costs less to send a nuke than to block one). Further more, do anti nukes work properly when close together, or do they just fire 3 anti nukes per silo at each missle they see (meaning it would be near impossible to defend from the launch contense of 4 silos).

Getting nuked into submission is GPGs way of getting away with poorly programmed AI. You could argue that the nuclear defense silo bug was delighberate so as to give the AI a chance at winning as they lack any form of intelligence or late game plans.

Overwhelming anti nukes is easy until they fix the multiple anti missle launch bug (which so far I have not seen in any patch notes). Like I said, each silo can defend from atmost 4 nukes and thats when filled to the brim with 10 anti nuke missles. All they need to do is fire 8 at you at once which is possible if you are 4v4ing and you can not stop them, especially since anti nuke are only slightly faster built than nukes.

I have heard that the UEF have fully working anti nuke defenses from various sources, in which case this really should not be a problem for them. It however is a problem for the aeons and cybrans where I had 2 anti nuke silos building missles all the time and could not stop 2 hard mode AI from nuking my base and as it costs more mass to defend against a nuke than to send one, logically was at a major disadvantage.

In short, once nuke defense are fixed and working as intended (1 anti nuke per incomming nuke from the first anti nuke bunker in range) then they are imballenced.

Anti nukes should also protect a certain area of the map based on map size, as their small radius means that to stop a team getting nuked from 4 facilities, your looking at 12-16 defense silos and a lot of missles which puts defending against nukes at a major disadvantage.

I am aware you can nuke rush the AI (as in rush to nukes long before they get defenses), as they are as weak to nukes as you are and can not nuke you back without a base. Infact I saw the AI nuking me had no nuke defenses what so ever so my ally managed to kill one's base by countering with his own nuke.

I will investigate this whole nuke busniess further, but it is undeniable that the bug should be fixed as it gives defending players an unfair disadvantage against nukes, spending more to block 1 nuke than it costs to make one.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
Palmerific

I can sympathize with your frustration, but I've never run into any problems with anti nukes except with the Aeon. Occasionally the Nuke D will launch two missiles at one nuke, but in most games I've played, this doesn't happen. Recently I even played a game against 7 cheating AI in which over 100 nukes were launched at my base, and not a single one got through (I was playing as UEF on Setons Clutch). I had 3 separate nuke defenses each overlapping each other.

Now, I'm not saying Nuke D works perfectly, personally I think you should be able to unlock it a little bit faster. But in my experiance playing as Cybran and UEF its work fine 90% of the time. Aeon..is another story.

In either case, I wouldn't be too worried. They'll fix it eventually.

And to the OP, while I disagree with your tone..I'd like to see more modding tools released too, if for no other reason then to get some more maps out. I'm getting sick and tired of Setons being the only 8 player map out.
Palmerific is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Supreme Commander series