Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series

Old 03-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
DivineRage002

Question Online tricks?

Ok I bought the game yesterday, and did the tutorial, everything went fine.

I played a couple "Custom Battles", with 100% damage to myself and my troops, and I'm actually doing alright, win some lose some (about 70% win).

But today, I decided to try playing online. And holy %$#^ am I getting my kicked. What the hell? People seem to be able to snipe me from a mile away, and yet I can't seem to ever hit them. Also, when fighting in melee, I can't seem to win ANY one on one fight, I block the first hit, try to hit them back, and BAM he hits me right back in the face before I can even begin charging up my attack.

Need help, what am I doing wrong?

Old 03-25-2010, 04:38 AM   #2
protyx

Do check your ping, if its higher than 50, then it might get really difficult for you.
Also, check weapon speeds, some are fast enough to actually hit that fast. Hope that gets balanced out. Will take some practice, until you can start killing people, though.
No good at ranged combat in mp myself though, not sure what im missing.
protyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:58 AM   #3
nizzie

Some people, myself included, have been playing mp for months. Join a duel server and learn the basics. Like faking attacks, learn movement, learn how to parry without shields, get to know the speed and range of weapons. To avoid ranged attacks get a shield and/or run zig-zag to mess with your enemy's aim.

Mount and Blade combat is very challenging, but very rewarding once you get better.
nizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
rial2209

I started being good after I stopped being a (incase sensorship, a coward). Go in bravely with quick and simple tactics and you'll be in the top 5 players on a server at all times.
rial2209 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series