Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000

Old 03-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
dgenem

No mouse movement?

I've been googling and trying all sorts of suggestions, but I cannot get the game to accept any mouse input except the buttons. The only problems I read about were lagging mouse problems related to vsync being enabled.

I bought this game online, even though I still had the original CDs to the gold version.

I am hoping somebody has some experience and/or solution to this annoying glitch.

BTW, joystick does not work either. I tried that when I failed to get the mouse to work. The only thing that works on the joystick is the throttle.

Thank you for any advice.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
Injektilo

Access the control options for the mouse, reset to defaults and try again?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
dgenem

Tried that. I forgot to mention this is under Vista 32, using NVIDIA GTX260, Intel Quad core Q6600, MS wireless mouse.

I used my old CDs for AVP Gold, installed it on the same computer under Windows x64 (dual boot) and it works perfectly without any patches or anything.

All my Steam games are installed under Vista though. Don't know about trying to load them under XP x64. Vista just does not seem to like AVP.
dgenem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
myrtille

i ve got the same problem

" I cannot get the game to accept any mouse input except the buttons."

except i use windows xp home and not vista.

I just buy the game from steam. With no mouse move it' s unplayable. i use a microsoft optical 1.1a usb mouse.

if someone can help with this problem I would be very grateful.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
Amander

Uninstall your mouse software guys.
Amander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
myrtille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amander View Post
Uninstall your mouse software guys.
My USB mouse does not need software to install. Windows automatically recognizes it, it is "plug and play"

and the only sofware who can't use it, it's Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000. For my part,100% of other applications that I use with my mouse works well.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
dgenem

Same here, no software is used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtille View Post
My USB mouse does not need software to install. Windows automatically recognizes it, it is "plug and play"

and the only sofware who can't use it, it's Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000. For my part,100% of other applications that I use with my mouse works well.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:23 AM   #8
myrtille

is there a way to return to the previous version of the game (patch). I read that there was a patch that improves the movement of the mouse. I would try it without this improvement, because in the current version, I have no mouse movement.
Ps: I use the Steam version of the game; patch was downloaded automatically (1.5 to 1.6)
Old 04-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
dgenem

I see this is still an ongoing problem.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:56 AM   #10
BleedURealQuiet

So this happens on both USB wired and wireless mouses?

Have anyone tried a PS/2 interface mouse to see if the problem also occurs?

There aren't many boards PS/2 Interfaces but it's a suggestion to try if you have it, since this older AvP game was out around the time where most boards had PS/2 interfaces and most of the inputs around that time depended on that interface.
BleedURealQuiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:56 AM   #11
DogGhost

I have MS Sidewinder X3 (USB) with mouse software installed and it works fine except 5th button. So it probably depends on the model.
DogGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
dgenem

I have downloaded various software from MS, installed and uninstalled another mouse. STILL NOT WORKING.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:14 AM   #13
BleedURealQuiet

Are there any other mouse you can try?

Newer PC hardware tend to have incompatibility with older PC games. That's why I suggested to try a PS/2 interface mouse first if possible and see if the problem is the same.
BleedURealQuiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #14
dgenem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedURealQuiet View Post
Are there any other mouse you can try?

Newer PC hardware tend to have incompatibility with older PC games. That's why I suggested to try a PS/2 interface mouse first if possible and see if the problem is the same.
I've tried two other mice, still not working. What is odd, I can get the original AVP to load and mouse works fine. But the rest of the gameplay is terrible.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #15
dgenem

I don't know where to request support for this. I ended up installing the Steam version of this under XP x64, works perfectly now. It seems to be something it does not like about Vista. I ended up installing the MS intellipoint drivers under both XP and Vista (dual boot machine). So if I want to play this game, I must do it through XP and not Vista.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000