Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Just Cause series

Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
ExiledLife

Banned
Just Cause 2 CD Key

I know that I am suppose to contact support with this but the contact support button doesn't work. I would expect more from a company that I pour my money into. Anyway, my cd key does not work at all.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
MutantMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledLife View Post
I know that I am suppose to contact support with this but the contact support button doesn't work. I would expect more from a company that I pour my money into. Anyway, my cd key does not work at all.
Actually the support page does work. You need to create a support account and then file the complaint. You will typically get a response in a few days.

Aside from that we can try to figure this out here. Do you have any strings that have an "o" or "0" in them? Fortunately mine only had one like this and it was a zero. If yours has more strings with these characters, have you tried the various combinations replacing the "o" or "0" with a Q?
MutantMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
ExiledLife

Banned
Everything is clearly what it is. I have some O's but no 0's. I don't like non working keys.
ExiledLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
MutantMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledLife View Post
Everything is clearly what it is. I have some O's but no 0's. I don't like non working keys.
For the O's, replace them with Q's as stated in the sticky at the top of the forum.
MutantMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
ExiledLife

Banned
That actually worked. Maybe I should try "reading" things for once. And thank you for your help.
ExiledLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
lightningrabbit

Unhappy

i bought a used copy of the game and it said that the game key was alredy activated and that yopu can only use the key on one acount,

steam seems to have overlooked the fact that people buy used copies of the games
Old 06-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
Nemo1618

Yep, I've got the same problem. I, however, purchased my game new. Then again, it was from gamestop, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had already activated the key.
Anyway, steam was unable to help me because I didn't have a receipt. So I guess that's $49.99 down the drain.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #8
Creeping Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningrabbit View Post
i bought a used copy of the game and it said that the game key was alredy activated and that yopu can only use the key on one acount,

steam seems to have overlooked the fact that people buy used copies of the games
You should probably do some research before you go buying a used PC game then, really. Several companies make use of systems that tie cd keys to one individual account. And if you knew the game used Steam, why did you expect it to work second hand? oO
Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Just Cause series