Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series > Mount & Blade: Warband Open BETA

Old 03-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
kage2323

Problems with M&B Warband..

alright well i pre-odered the Mount & Blade Warband for Steam. I've been playing it for the past couple of days and just recently it seems to have broken. My friend has a version from GamersGate and i uninstalled mine from steam and installed it from gamersgate using his and it works just fine. but when i reinstall it on steam it's broken. basically what happens is when ever i get into battle the game freezes. if i minimize my game i can hear the sounds of battle still so i know the game hasn't frozen, the game updates and when i go back in i see a new frozen frame. plus if i move the mouse while in game minimize and go back in i'll be looking somewhere else. also if i join a multilayer game i can watch battles going on and pan the camera around while i select my faction and what i want to be but the moment i choose my character and he tries to spawn it freezes on me. and it's not just multilayer it's single player as well. Also i had my friend use my steam account and he installed it onto his computer and it worked fine for him.

my comp Stats are
Operating system: Windows 7
CPU type: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor
CPU Speed (GHz): 2.62
System memory (GB): 7.992
Graphics card model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Graphics card driver: nvd3dum.dll
Desktop resolution: 1920x1080
Hard disk size (GB): 686.204
Old 03-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
AeneasXI

Your system is clearly too weak!!! buy a new pc...
jk
some configurations have problems, thats what a beta is for. The game will be released in a couple of days then it will work for sure =] just have hope ^^
AeneasXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
Hocevar

If it's only the Steam version that is giving you problems most likely there is some leftovers of the game on your PC, and seeing that your friend didn't had any problems with it pretty much confirms it. Go to the steam folder and delete everything related to M&B then re-install it, see if that solves it.

Also delete the config files from your user file, they are at

C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband

and

C:\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames

Don't forget to make a backup of your savegames before deleting them.

Last edited by Hocevar: 03-27-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Hocevar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
Knightjay

here's a new one.. anyone get a RGL error for 91 quests? it exceeds the limit of 90.. i just started getting the error tonight after steam downloaded an update for the game and now i can't play my old saved game, which is really upsetting. anyone have this problem before or have any ideas how to fix it?

what happens is i get into the game fine and i can do anything i want, start a new game, play custom battle, whatever.. but the moment i hit load game for my old save, it crashes and gives me the RGL error..

"Load error: Number of quests in file: 91, exceeds 90"

any ideas whats causing it and how i can fix it so i can play my old save again?
Old 03-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
johnhughthom

Old saves are incompatible with the latest version.
johnhughthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
TimeNinja

also is Gamersgate a fully patched file? I dont use that service so i dont know. Steam puts patches on for you in realtime. There was a beta patch for Warband that caused a lot of problems. If Gamersgate doesnt live patch for you, thats probably why its working.
TimeNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #7
KnightMason

Not only that but the new upbreak still crashes to the desktop.
KnightMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
KyrenCross

Found a bug on the new patch.

After completing the quest of the rich merchant. Everybody I talk to now says
"I'm Preparing to Leave Town" lolz
KyrenCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #9
Da-V-Man

Yep, everyone's noticed it. I would reccomend staring over, but skipping the quest.

Also, TC, try veryifying your game cache's integrity.
Da-V-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #10
Sarejo

Mount & Blade Forum Moderator
Other users have commented on the bugs not mentioned by OP, but just to reiterate: Savegames are incompatible from one version to another.
Also, Merchant of Shariz issues are noted already, thank you.

Regarding OP:

TC: Did you have the same graphic configurations for both installations? This only happened with the 0.860, right?
Maybe changing the graphic configuration in the steam installation solves the issue? Try lowering the settings or changing the resolution to see if you still have the same problem. Please let me know if you need something else or anything changes.

Thanks.
Sarejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
Predicted

Hi, have you also noted that if you talk to the merchant after you have beaten up the thiefs in the town he starts the quest chain all over again?
Predicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #12
.BAD.MeowMix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage2323 View Post
alright well i pre-odered the Mount & Blade Warband for Steam. I've been playing it for the past couple of days and just recently it seems to have broken. My friend has a version from GamersGate and i uninstalled mine from steam and installed it from gamersgate using his and it works just fine. but when i reinstall it on steam it's broken. basically what happens is when ever i get into battle the game freezes. if i minimize my game i can hear the sounds of battle still so i know the game hasn't frozen, the game updates and when i go back in i see a new frozen frame. plus if i move the mouse while in game minimize and go back in i'll be looking somewhere else. also if i join a multilayer game i can watch battles going on and pan the camera around while i select my faction and what i want to be but the moment i choose my character and he tries to spawn it freezes on me. and it's not just multilayer it's single player as well. Also i had my friend use my steam account and he installed it onto his computer and it worked fine for him.
Hey I had this exact same problem and I found a solution on another forum that solved it instantly, hopefully it works for you.

Simply go into your video options and set your resolution as "SAME AS DESKTOP." That instantly fixed it for me.

I have also heard you can try running it in window mode (you do this at the "configure" option on the very first screen, should be just under "Play Mount & Blade" and under the mod selection thingy (should say "Native" if you don't have mods).

Hopefully this works for you, because I *love* this game and was so furious when it wasn't working for me when I downloaded it today. Enjoy!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series > Mount & Blade: Warband Open BETA