Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod

Old 03-31-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
Jamza

Garrysmod.org Workaround

Anyone else here annoyed at the change to Garrysmod.org change? I own Garry's mod (http://steamcommunity.com/id/jamza/games) yet it claims I don't and wont let me verify therefore I cannot download new content from the site (even though I tried multiple times and followed the instructions to the letter). So I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I build a little tool to generate the Download link for you without having to register or verify. Its just a work around until the system is fixed.

Download For:

Windows (2000+)
Mac OS X (10.4+ Universal)
Linux (GTK2+)

Virus Total Scan Results

Old 03-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
maddima

garrysmod.org is perfectly working!!!
registration + verify takes less than a minute!!

it is not working for you because your steam profile is private. so garrysmod.org can not find/see your code to verify...
maddima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
Spunkeez

I got that stuff to work, but if you're having problems with this websites "DRM" (so to speak), I'd suggest just asking a very trusted friend who can use it if you can use his account.

It probably ain't the safest of things seeing that this week alone, 2 people failed to hijack my account from me, but it's another alternative :3
Old 03-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
Jamza

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddima View Post
garrysmod.org is perfectly working!!!
registration + verify takes less than a minute!!

it is not working for you because your steam profile is private. so garrysmod.org can not find/see your code to verify...
My profile wasn't private when I did it. I put it into public and when it didnt work I changed it back.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
Grea$eMonkey

You know, for the few people who own it that are benefiting from this for simply misusing the system, hundreds of pirates who don't deserve the content can now download. You know that right?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #6
bloodypalace

garrysmod.org is working perfectly fine. Why do i have a feeling that you've pirated gmod?
bloodypalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:58 AM   #7
Jamza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grea$eMonkey View Post
You know, for the few people who own it that are benefiting from this for simply misusing the system, hundreds of pirates who don't deserve the content can now download. You know that right?
Yes, but that is a downside that comes with this. The system change also stopped some legit Garry's Mod owners (such as myself) from accessing extra content. Everything has its legit and non-legit uses, I just have to hope it doesn't get abused.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #8
jordguitar

How about emailing him because it apparently does not work for you. I mean he can add you manually to the database.
jordguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
Jamza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordguitar View Post
How about emailing him because it apparently does not work for you. I mean he can add you manually to the database.
I did, but after a week I gave up.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod