Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare

Old 04-01-2010, 03:03 AM   #1
rabs27

can't hear voice chat

after moving from vista to 7 i cant hear voice anymore. mute all is off and i can hear fine in other games. any ideas?

Old 04-01-2010, 03:31 AM   #2
Nemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabs27 View Post
after moving from vista to 7 i cant hear voice anymore. mute all is off and i can hear fine in other games. any ideas?
You should be happy actually
Nemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:19 AM   #3
nights fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemi View Post
This. You are a very fortunate person
nights fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:51 AM   #4
cuteL

Just help him...
Old 04-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #5
waspleg

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabs27 View Post
now that you mention it, this is true for me to, i hadn't noticed as i usually disable voice chat anyway. i run win 7 enterprise and voice comm works in every other game. i will also say i disabled all portions of the win 7 firewall and i use an expensive business class hardware firewall not a ty consumer $30 "router" (i don't really care since i would disable it anyway as i said). i'd guess it's port related, or possibly it disables voice comm on slow hosts? just guesses.

EDIT: checking the ports sticky nothing is listed for voice comm incoming, surely there is one though.
waspleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #6
JimmyMcNulty

Yep i play on W7 and i dont hear a thing. Plugging in ear/headphones dont work either like in MW1.

I would try it on my vista laptop but it isnt powerful enough to run it.
JimmyMcNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #7
Buster Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
Yep i play on W7 and i dont hear a thing. Plugging in ear/headphones dont work either like in MW1.

I would try it on my vista laptop but it isnt powerful enough to run it.
Funny this came up because I also upgraded to Windows 7 and have the same problem .. but .. I believe the problem is in fact the ports need to be forwarded that are listed is the post above. Out of all the ports that need to be forwarded only one (the one I put bold type on) will change you nat from Strict to open to be the host. The same with a few people above .. I mute all voice so I never figured I had a problem till I remembered I did reinstall the game after my upgrade and did not turn off the voice. SO a shot in the dark will be to forward all the ports listed below and see if voice starts working (Im at work but when I get home im going to see if that works .. unless someone beats me to it

UDP 1500 (outbound only, no forward needed)
UDP 3005 (outbound only, no forward needed)
UDP 3101 (outbound only, no forward needed)
UDP 28960 (inbound/outbound, must forward to act as a multi-player host, but no forward or inbound traffic needed to find and join games)
Old 04-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
bakstab3r

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemi View Post
lol took the words right out of my mouth.
bakstab3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #9
Free Hugs

Congrats. I'm so jealous.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:27 AM   #10
proto1000

Control Panel > Sound > Adjust System Sounds > Recording Tab > Enable Stereo Mix

If Stereo Mix isn't showing, right click and show "Disabled Devices". Right click and enable.
proto1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #11
chopski007

It's prolly a windows setting and not a game setting. Open your audio panel and check there.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
rabs27

i fixed it by changing to stereo mode
Old 09-06-2011, 01:48 AM   #13
taco-man

I'm reviving this thread as i found it from google. for anyone else having this issue also check in Control Panel > Sounds > Playback. Make sure your default Communications Device (Communications Device is different than default Playback Device) is set to the same set of speakers as you want steam voice chat to come out of. Mine was set to go through my TV that's never on while i game. If this isn't set right you will probably only hear game voicechat as that plays through your default playback device, but STEAM voicechat is played through your Communications Device.
taco-man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare