Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series

Old 04-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Lancer2004

Daw of War 2 / Chaos Rising ?

Any good? I was thinking of buying it off of STEAM. What's it comparable to (someone said wc3 on another site)? Looking for something to kill some time, this looks pretty good. Read some mixed things about certain classes being way to good or something.. Anyone own this game, play it, and like it? If so can you share your impressions? Thanks!

Old 04-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
Cristari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer2004 View Post
Any good? I was thinking of buying it off of STEAM. What's it comparable to (someone said wc3 on another site)? Looking for something to kill some time, this looks pretty good. Read some mixed things about certain classes being way to good or something.. Anyone own this game, play it, and like it? If so can you share your impressions? Thanks!
I love it, it is a great game and if you are into RTS games then you have to get it. It's a more action based version of a RTS game no real base building going on in DoW2 but it concentrates on the Squad more and takes you closer to the action.
Cristari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Sbeeezyy_

don't buy it if you have internet ... but if you have good net go for it.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:51 AM   #4
Lancer2004

Well, I bought the game. I have good internet, I'm going to play the single player through I think, before I touch the Multiplayer. Game is pretty good so far! Not disappointed! It does remind me of WC3 a bit though.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:09 AM   #5
trojanrabbit.gg

You shan't be disappointed friend
Tis a great game with a lot to offer to the genre...

That being said, I only wish the skirmish gameplay, as well as the online game play, had base building features like Company of Heroes did, and like Dawn of War I had.

Other than that, this is a great game. I'm still working my way through the original title (Dawn of War I) however, and am also waiting for a worthy PC (not my laptop) to play the game on... [I am rather fond of the eye candy...]
trojanrabbit.gg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series