Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Just Cause series

Old 04-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
anye123

Rico is an absolute jerk

I love this game, and I know the story is hardly the greatest aspect of it. But seriously - how does blowing up a village's water supply and taking their hidden money help overthrow the government again?

Same for the wind turbines - blowing up their pipelines, I get, but their wind turbines? Sheesh.

Unless of course the whole thing is a brilliantly subtle satire on American foreign-policy attitudes and self-delusion. Yeah, that's probably it. Bravo, Avalanche - the greatest political satire/skydiving work ever created!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
deadlybydesign

It's the same logic that says blowing up your already-captured base will be of some benefit. (for total completion, chaos + cash)

Just 'cause.
deadlybydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
DuVaL AK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlybydesign View Post
It's the same logic that says blowing up your already-captured base will be of some benefit. (for total completion, chaos + cash)

Just 'cause.
I lol'd
DuVaL AK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
Wolfrip_Sixshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by anye123 View Post
I love this game, and I know the story is hardly the greatest aspect of it. But seriously - how does blowing up a village's water supply and taking their hidden money help overthrow the government again?

Same for the wind turbines - blowing up their pipelines, I get, but their wind turbines? Sheesh.

Unless of course the whole thing is a brilliantly subtle satire on American foreign-policy attitudes and self-delusion. Yeah, that's probably it. Bravo, Avalanche - the greatest political satire/skydiving work ever created!
In wars the miltary blow up their enemys power plants, bridges, water supples and anything of tactical value. Even if civilians need them services the enemy will still bomb them.

Rico is doing what a army would do but Rambo style

"To survive in a war you got to become war"
Wolfrip_Sixshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #5
mathesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlybydesign View Post

Just 'cause.
lol I was confused about this the first time I did a mission, doesn't make any sense to take over a base, everyone is cheering you on, and then you proceed to blow up all the fuel depots and generators etc. before you leave.
mathesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
vohk

Quote:
Originally Posted by anye123 View Post
Wind turbines only generate power for nice people?
vohk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #7
Menace

Your basically questioning the game mechanics here. Its quite obvious whats goin on, if you were to topple a government from the outside-in you would destroy everything owned by that government therefore decreasing their foothold on that territory. The people would follow the government because they own all the necessity's, if there were none the people would not need to depend on that government.

This game is so 'over the top' in game mechanics, theres no point in questioning anything, just have fun with it
Old 04-09-2010, 05:56 AM   #8
Hal Oswin

'Try to transport fuel now, you pipeline jerks!'
Hal Oswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:19 AM   #9
pandaphil

Pretty simple. Some dirtbag is running around blowing up the islands infrastructure, and people start blaming the government for not doing something about it.

As for blowing up an already captured base? Damn, you got me there.
pandaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:06 AM   #10
.:H4MM3R:.

Just B-Cause

Hey!. Look, its no different then if you pay some washingtons for a movie that is all action with some angst ridden protagonist out for revenge and to get salvation from his demons...but that is the fun of that kind of movie...right? Ohh sure - your girl will complain that you are dragging her along to a movie with more balls than you have in your pants but its a guy thing...ya know.

I mean you and I and the rest of the players here on Steam know that reality and fantasy are two different things.

Sure games that feel real to our imagination while imitating life can be cool but what is wrong with just playing a game that is insanely over - the -top and fun. Get your splinter cell or RS or COD out when you want - but now and then an over the top game is just cool to play.

Come to think of it that is what WoW players do - those no life loosers spend their entire life in a fantasy game, building up a character who is over the top and left of reality and they love it - ENJOY Just Cause 2 if you want - but I think an insane action game with a campy story is fun at times

Later all

Last edited by .:H4MM3R:.: 04-09-2010 at 09:47 AM.
.:H4MM3R:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:16 AM   #11
Raging Hamster

It is a game, get over it.
Raging Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
Soxmis-UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Oswin View Post
'Try to transport fuel now, you pipeline jerks!'
Ah! you gotta post that one in my "Limited dialogue " thread! lol!
Soxmis-UK is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Just Cause series