Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 04-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
en-_^vY

Banned
CDemoFile::Open: file already open.

I can record just fine, but when I'm playing I'll get extreme lag spikes (ping like 500). So I check console and after every lag spike I notice that "CDemoFile::Open: file already open." pops up. I don't know what to do. Depending on how many times "CDemoFile::Open: file already open." pops up is how hard I lag.

I do not lag at all when I am not recording, but everytime I record I get this, error if you will, CDemoFile::Open: file already open.

I'm running Windows 7, but this was happening even before I had 7. I don't know if you need any of my computer specs, but I will if needed.

It's really grinding my gears

Old 04-06-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
en-_^vY

Banned
I just deleted my Counter-Strike:Source folder but saved my config/autoexec/maps/screenshot/demos and started up Source. Then I recorded a demo for a little bit then exited again (not having the error). Once again I deleted the folder and started up source. Then I put my config/autoexec/maps/screenshot/demos back and only had the error come up once with no lag though. I was thinking it could be a little bit of the ACS that I'm running when I'm playing that makes me lag, but when I run ACS without recording it's fine. I was talking to an old CAL admin and he said I should try going into task manager and have Source run on 1 core (because source only uses 1 anyway) and have the ACS run on a different core. I will report in later to see if it works

en-_^vY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
en-_^vY

Banned
::Bump::

Yea, I'm still having the problem... Anyone have any suggestions?
en-_^vY is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source