Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series

Old 04-06-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
Validuz

Weapon Proficiencies

what does that do exactly? increases dmg/speed/acc? i just noticed as i passed 300wep prof with bows i 1shot most medium armoured units in their backs now... so atleast a small dmg increase per point?
Old 04-06-2010, 06:31 AM   #2
redwind85

im up to some 280 in twohand weapons - i use a elite balanced twohand scimitar - it strikes very very fast. and ive used it more or less since 100 rating - and i would say it gets faster - and dmg goes up .

i one shot horses with that baby

and when i charge into groups of 40+ infantry - alone - they are cut down each in one blow 99% of the time. except the ones with the big heavy shields - but i just time those guys. -(warning this requires heavy armor or use of terrain)
Old 04-06-2010, 07:00 AM   #3
Validuz

aww... i only two or threeshot horses with my bow oh well.. i guess ill see what happends when i reach 500

the worlds first tank? a horse with a balista...
Validuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:09 AM   #4
kenoxite

redwind85 is right, weapon proficiency increases the speed of that particular weapon type, both for attack and defense (parrying). It also makes missile weapons more accurate.

And there's no need to raise it up to 500 . Around 200-300+ your bow should be able to one-shot almost anything, as long as your power draw is high enough (for increased damage).
kenoxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
redwind85

i got around 190 in bows - when i hit people in the back they go down alot of the time - buuuut the damn front and uber shield really stops me there.

out somes the scimitar of cutting!!!

solo defenced castle with ladder me and my scimitar vs 400 troops!

"boy my arm is getting sore from all this chopping!"

would be nice if they fixed that ladder thing . kinda ..odd for someone beating 500 solo

or... "lets build A ladder!!"... "uhm..why not...5 ladders?...or...10?.."
Old 04-06-2010, 07:20 AM   #6
Validuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoxite View Post
redwind85

And there's no need to raise it up to 500 . Around 200-300+ your bow should be able to one-shot almost anything, as long as your power draw is high enough (for increased damage).
im at 320 now and yes, i,am 1shotting almost everything... but like i said... i want to 1shot horses so 500... -_-
Old 04-06-2010, 07:22 AM   #7
redwind85

they should make so that with high rating you can see where you hit at very long range - (of course by the time your at 500 you pretty much knows the bow and where to aim )

but nice to it giving you a "rough" estimate where you hit at long range.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:22 AM   #8
Validuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwind85 View Post
i got around 190 in bows - when i hit people in the back they go down alot of the time - buuuut the damn front and uber shield really stops me there.

out somes the scimitar of cutting!!!

solo defenced castle with ladder me and my scimitar vs 400 troops!

"boy my arm is getting sore from all this chopping!"

would be nice if they fixed that ladder thing . kinda ..odd for someone beating 500 solo

or... "lets build A ladder!!"... "uhm..why not...5 ladders?...or...10?.."

GOD YES... jaratees me off so much that if they dont get up on the actuall wall within the first 2minutes they WONT get up... theyll just walk up there to get slaughtured... there should be an option how long u should build ladders (1-3?) :P

haha... remmember the total war series? build one ladder and ur doomed to fail... and either case if u choose to build 'one' ladder in that game u build 3 automaticly... XD
Old 04-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #9
Validuz

hmm... quick question tho... anyone know how to reduce/remove the tax inneficiency? cuz Wercheg is giving me a sweet 3k a week and my tax inneficency is at like 1.5k ...

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series