Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Conan Series

Old 04-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
Zeepblok

Trial account and steam

Hi,

Short question. if I buy the steam version of age of conan can I link it to my trial account then ?
Old 04-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
warthong123

I don't know - Steam says u can't, but in the site u can use ur activation code there to promote your trial account - I just don't know how to create an account ><
Old 06-03-2010, 05:37 AM   #3
derkaderka

another question would be, if you get the game from steam, can you get the xpac from somewhere else and get it to work with your steam version? since steam doesnt offer the xpac yet? if not, it means its pointless to buy this game from steam.

and yeah, everyone would be a fool to buy the game before taking advantage of the unlimited free trial. you can get 8 alts to level 20 before actually buying and using up that subscription. and if steam won't merge with trial, that seems dumb.

but im guessing steam might actually work with both trial and xpac, although steam doesnt offer either.. since you go to funcom site to enter your key and steam simply lets the launcher do the patching. would love to hear someone confirm.
derkaderka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
slayvus

The expansion pack isn't another client, it just unlocks access to those areas and allows you to install them.

You add the registration key to your account through Funcom's website.
slayvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:15 AM   #5
derkaderka

off topic, to answer my own question - i found this out yesterday the hard way.

i bought the xpac through funcom's website... my account stayed frozen and the xpac purchase remained "pending". apparently the purchase refused to go through until i had an active subscription.

silly me, i had assumed that buying the xpac came with 30 days of playtime. i was wrong. confirmed by their billing support. + $15 to the xpac price to get to play it if your account is inactive.
derkaderka is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Conan Series