Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare

Old 04-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
gamefreaker321

Custom weapon skins/textures?

In TF2 and the original MW I liked changing how my weapons looked or making them look like new weapons all together through custom skins/textures. I'm not sure how the VAC setup is on MW2 and I don't want to get banned If I decide to upload a custom skin for a gold deagle or something along those lines. I like blinging out my stuff, but I dont want to get banned for it, is there anyone that can clear this up for me? If it's against the rules then I can live with the crappy fall camo I guess...
Old 04-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
Xzellentz

its not against the rules.
But that doesnt mean it isnt cheating in some extent.

You can do it, vac wont ban you.
Changing player models to brighter ones is in my eyes, cheating. Thats when you have normal eyes. For people with a bad eyesight, you got my go for changing to brighter textures.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
Falerix

Skinning your weapons will not get you banned. VAC will not detect it because of how IWNet works. However, any sort of skinning is considered demoralizing and hacking because you could just as easily change all enemy models to red blocks that can be seen through walls, get my drift?
Falerix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
gamefreaker321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falerix View Post
Skinning your weapons will not get you banned. VAC will not detect it because of how IWNet works. However, any sort of skinning is considered demoralizing and hacking because you could just as easily change all enemy models to red blocks that can be seen through walls, get my drift?
OMG! So you're saying people can wallhack and not even get banned for it?! WTF is VAC even in this game for? I thought it at least EVENTUALLY banned people.. This should be fixed asap if this is true...
gamefreaker321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
senz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreaker321 View Post
OMG! So you're saying people can wallhack and not even get banned for it?! WTF is VAC even in this game for? I thought it at least EVENTUALLY banned people.. This should be fixed asap if this is true...
No matter how good the Anti-cheat system is, hackers will always find a way to bypass it.

When theres a new patch out for the games theres always no hacks within the first few days, so im guessing Valve could make VAC write some sort of code into the .exe of the game everytime its started, and doing this will prevent cheats hooking on to it?

Im not an expert on programming, its just a thought...
Old 04-11-2010, 12:07 AM   #6
Scuttlebutt

Banned
Modifying any game files is strictly against the ELUA you've agreed to so do it with caution.
Scuttlebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:46 AM   #7
Stu Alpha

You're free to use custom weapon skins in non sv_pure servers. But since IWnet enforces sv_pure for the entire game, no you can't use anything custom in this game
Stu Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare