Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 04-11-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
Raknia

Cooling problem.

So I popped in my old HD 4670 into my comp, and hoped for it to work. It would normally last 30 seconds then overheat, but this time it lasted 5 mins. The reason why its overheating then screen going black is because my fan I guess is broken. It sometimes twiches slighty, but that is all it does now. I really want to use it or im stuck with some intel card for a few months. But I was thinking, is there some other way to keep it cool apart from buying another fan? Perhaps using a fan I already own ( like one I use in the summer) or something. Cause I really want to use it again.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:48 AM   #2
NotYourHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raknia View Post
So I popped in my old HD 4670 into my comp, and hoped for it to work. It would normally last 30 seconds then overheat, but this time it lasted 5 mins. The reason why its overheating then screen going black is because my fan I guess is broken. It sometimes twiches slighty, but that is all it does now. I really want to use it or im stuck with some intel card for a few months. But I was thinking, is there some other way to keep it cool apart from buying another fan? Perhaps using a fan I already own ( like one I use in the summer) or something. Cause I really want to use it again.
If you own another gfx card and then heatsink and fan fit, switch it. Otherwise you gotta buy another gpu fan.
NotYourHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:07 AM   #3
Raknia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYourHero View Post
If you own another gfx card and then heatsink and fan fit, switch it. Otherwise you gotta buy another gpu fan.
Then I'm prob going to just wait and buy the 5770. But right now it's working alright with a fan right beside the computer with an open case.

But if you guys still have any better ideas then I would please like to hear
Raknia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:17 AM   #4
kaheiyeh

If you don't have the money and/or don't want to get a new video card for any variety of reasons, you could just buy a new third party video card cooler and replace it if the HS/Fan is the reason.
kaheiyeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems