Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
exitusnow

Windows firewall blocks steam store/community and games for windows - live

So i have no idea what i did, i turned my windows firewall on and off to check something. Changed no settings and nothing else on my pc but when i go to get on steam the store page community page don't load. I just assume steam is having a lil trouble or something so i click on Street Fighter IV to start playing that. To my surprise i cant connect to games for windows - live

Thinking nothing of it i just get on other games like TF2 MW2 and other titles checking my connection and to see if they even work. They all do my connection is fine just as is and every title i have works but SF4 (b.c of games for windows - live). I've checked all my firewall settings on my pc (even tho its OFF) and everything is fine and has worked for years with zero problems until now I miss my steam store and im currently addicted to SF4 wut am i to do!

i thought id post this here with it dealing with steam that and i have no idea whats wrong. my google searching has been coming up rather empty so if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated b.c im pretty much at a loss for this one.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
paratech2008

You might have accidentally blocked them on your firewall.

I'm unsure how you'd unto it, but I'm sure someone more tech savvy might be able to help.
paratech2008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
L.o.D.

Try removing the exception & have it ask again for permission.
L.o.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
exitusnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.o.D. View Post
Try removing the exception & have it ask again for permission.
ya i was trying that , i remove the exceptions turn the fire wall on and when it ask to block or unblock SF4 i say unblock and when i alt tab back into SF4 games for window - live login screen and try to log in it still wont let me , btw i was checking other titles its also doin the same thing with Resident evil 5 and GTA4 sence there all on the games for windows - live network.

also when removing all the exceptions i do steam as well and with the firewall on it doesnt even ask about steam and still store/community page wont load.
exitusnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
exitusnow

bump

still all firewalls off and still cant connect to games for windows - live and steam store/community page

any suggestoins
exitusnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion