Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor

Old 04-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
iOxf

Question Questions about killing floor?

If I bought the retail version of killing floor instead of from steam, would it be played on steam, just like any of their own games? Is this game fun/does it have much replay value? Are you able to make your own maps for killing floor, or are you stuck with the few maps they give you?

Old 04-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
Vlad211

Banned
You would have to input your CS key on Steam to link the game to your account and yes, the game needs Steam to play and there's no way around it I guess.
Vlad211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
BLaZeDRas

yes its incredibly fun and has a lot of replay value. there are countless user-made maps alot of which are very good.

the one bad thing I would say about KF is that the perk leveling is tediously long when it really doesn't need to be, other than that its great
Old 04-15-2010, 06:02 AM   #4
majloo

Banned
It needs too, makes it more fun that way and you get owned if you play the game or perk in the bad way=you learn. I bought the game on the December sale and today, i finally managed to get all perks to level 6.
majloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:14 AM   #5
RalphMalph

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLaZeDRas View Post
yes its incredibly fun and has a lot of replay value. there are countless user-made maps alot of which are very good.

the one bad thing I would say about KF is that the perk leveling is tediously long when it really doesn't need to be, other than that its great
Yeah, too bad there is no "IWIN" button for you.
RalphMalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
trilance

Leveling up too fast is not something you'll want to do. High levels are generally regarded as skilled players due to the amount of time necessary to raise the perks. With the exception of grinders and third party program users, running across a high level player in a game generally means you have a much higher chance of survival, that is of course assuming they're not a "Rambo".

In that event, you'll die...and the other player will simply keep on playing. That's not a topic I will get into right now.

Essentially, there is a great deal of replay value in Killing Floor. In only a few weeks, I and a great number of other veteran players will have owned the game for exactly one year since its release. While I can't speak for all of us, some of us still play the game and find it fun despite having logged so many hours.

You can design your own maps, or play maps that other people designed. For the most part, you'll want to play on a whitelisted map in order to level up your perks.

The fun about this game is to level up gradually along with other players over time. This way you will be able to relish the experience with the many friends you will undoubtedly make as you continue to play.
trilance is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor