Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Beat Hazard

Old 04-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #151
WarpdPerspectiv

Nice job with the game. Got the game for my birthday this weekend and haven't stopped playing it.

Last edited by WarpdPerspectiv: 04-28-2010 at 06:58 PM.
WarpdPerspectiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #152
Me2nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeps32 View Post
Honestly sometimes the visuals get in the way of actually completing a level, since I can't see projectiles for all the lights, but that might just be me sucking.
Ugh, that's EXACTLY what got me killed FOUR seconds before my longest song ended.

Regardless, I've been thoroughly enjoying this game and am proud to have spend my money on it (so far).
Me2nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #153
Basiclife

Lightbulb Hi

Fantastic game - I love it.

Unfortunately, I've come across a bug and didn't see an obvious place to report it - So here goes...

When the steam game overlay is enabled (but not visible), events are not being passed to BeatHazard properly. Left-Click, Green & Enter are all ignored. Pressing Shift-Tab opens the overlay and also allows the "backlog" of events to pass to the game.

eg: Start Game from steam <Language menu appears>
Click mouse <Nothing>
Press Shift-Tab <Steam overlay opens and Cold Beam splash screen appears in the background>
Press Shift-Tab <Steam overlay closes>
Sometimes (No obvious pattern) a single mouse click will work before you have to repeat the whole process

This behaviour started happening today. IU haven't made any changes to my system that I can detect (although steam/BH may well have auto-updated)

I've repaired my steam install and uninstalled/re-installed BH.

A workaround is to disable the steam overlay.

If you need any diagnostic/debug information please let me know

Regards

Basic

EDIT: After playing around a bit more it seems that in fact BH is only accepting the Steam Overlay hotkey as Enter/Green/Left-Click. All other keys/buttons work fine. If I change the steam overlay shortcut (To CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-TAB) then pressing shift-tab in BH does nothing but pressing CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-TAB Does <enter> as well as bringing up the overlay.

Very odd.

Last edited by Basiclife: 05-08-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Basiclife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #154
DragonOfTime

Great game, looking forward to m4a (iTunes) support, as mos of my music is in that format.
DragonOfTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #155
ancipital

Hey Steve,

Fantastic game, loads of fun to unwind with some mindless destruction and loud music. Another gem from indie developers. I hope this game makes you craploads of money, as it's slick, fun, and the asking price is fair.

Oh yeah, and damnit, this game made me buy a wired 360 pad, though it was easily worth it.
ancipital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #156
plas001

Just wanted to comment on how much I love the game.
Keep up all you hard work supporting the game.
Will be here with you all the way.

DLC packs to customize the game, like skins, would be awesome.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #157
Swakke

I love this game, everyone on our ventrilo is going crazy with it! (along with epileptic attacks, red eyes and non-stop playing of 2 hour song remixes )

Also excellent work on the patch, the DLC part sucks a bit, but the reason why is understandable ^^ keep it up, I love you guys for this awesome game and support.
Swakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #158
mensaap

Would just like to say awesome game, and thanks for adding suicidal

I also love the 2 player modus, I hope you'll make this mode available over the net too
mensaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:45 AM   #159
marky1124

Thanks

Hi Starg,

Thanks for an excellent game. I bought it 3 mins after trying the demo. Superb, and you just keep making it better. Brilliant.

Cheers,
Mark
marky1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:13 AM   #160
El Grante

Only issue I've come across: I decided tho use my favorite song from my favorite band. This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8sUC-dsW8A , now, on the album version, it slowly turns into ocean sounds, to set the listener up for the next song. During these ocean sounds, one of the bosses appears. I can't kill it, because I don't have enough bullet/laser things to do any real damage.
TL;DR Bosses in inappropriate places is an auto-loss.

Other than that, it's one of the best little games I've played in a while.
El Grante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #161
FastOrange

Took me forever to create a forum account - but your game has driven me to do it, finally.

Thanks, Starg, for this awesome piece of work. I tried the demo, and was instantly hooked - purchased it after the demo time ran out.

This is just a fantastic new way for me to experience my music - it's truly an epic game.

Thanks for all your hard work, and time.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:04 AM   #162
Starg

Cold Beam Games
Thanks for all the kind comments guys!
Starg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #163
AndrewR

Might have already been suggested but it would be nice to be able to search through mapped server drives. At the moment I have only about 500gbs on my computer so I have a server in the other room that has 5tbs where I keep all my music and movies and such. I haven't found a way to look through those folders as well so I've had to move some of my music onto my main computer... not a major issue but just a nice feature to add.

Other than that AMAZING game, I love it.
AndrewR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #164
Transmeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR View Post
Might have already been suggested but it would be nice to be able to search through mapped server drives. At the moment I have only about 500gbs on my computer so I have a server in the other room that has 5tbs where I keep all my music and movies and such. I haven't found a way to look through those folders as well so I've had to move some of my music onto my main computer... not a major issue but just a nice feature to add.

Other than that AMAZING game, I love it.
Have you tried the workaround explained in this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1327170
Hope that helps a little bit.
Transmeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #165
mclazyj

Having the RSS feed at the bottom is nice, but it seems more about decoraction than having any practical use. Maybe you can find a way to use links from friends so you can see their annoucnements.
mclazyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Beat Hazard