Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series

Old 04-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
Jezuz

EFLC FATAL ERROR: ZLIB20

I'm getting this error when I start to run Gay Tony, after I take a the first turn while in the car in the first mission. This is the rest of the error, and before you say 'Do what the error message says' or something similar, note that it took me 5 hours to download this. If I could have a solution that doesn't require a 'reinstall' (AKA, deletion and redownloading), that would be great. Also note, I've checked the integrity of the cache to no avail. Doesn't even seem to check the files, truly.

Without further ado, the error message.

EFLC FATAL ERROR: Invalid resource detected. Please re-install the game.

Any help is greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

If... unfortunately, the only option truly is to re-download it... so be it, but I'm fairly angered I've spent 30 dollars on this today and must go through this much trouble simply to get it up and running. Should have gone to the store and bought it and I'd have been playing hours ago (that is, if it's even in stores). Ah well.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
Jezuz

Not even a shot in the dark guys? Come on.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
ModulusX

I've encountered the same problem while playing The Lost and Damned, and the first time it happened was during the very first mission. I simply restarted the game and the problem never happened until a day later (which is today) during a police pursuit.

I'm not sure about the cause of this problem nor the way to fix it, but did you try restarting the game or did it happen every time at the same spot? Because if it does, then it is very likely to be one of the file you downloaded is corrupted; otherwise, as in my case, it seems to happen randomly, it could be a driver issue or conflict that requires some further investigation. I'll keep you posted if I find a way to fix this later.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:51 AM   #4
Haggan89

I bought it yesterday and after my first install I was never even able to start it once. Everytime FATAL ERROR: Invalid Resource detected. So i Figured I would do it. Game is redownloaded soon, I'll tell you how it goes.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:16 AM   #5
Haggan89

It worked. I could run the game without any problems at all. So my tip: Re-install!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
Breadman86

Just experienced the same problem in Lost and the Damned. I can't get anywhere. it crashes during the opening credit sequence. Every single time. Any way to re-install without redownloading everything? That took me over 15 hours because my router kept going out, plus I'm already near my comcast limit of 250gb a month... 16gb more would be a very bad thing.
Breadman86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series