Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 05:49 AM   #1
fastandagile
 
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 14
Posts: 246
ClickAndBuy are dirty scammers

purchased CS:S a week ago for 20 euro, everything was fine
but now they suddenly locked my account, took away my CS:S and want me to pay 35 euro instead of 15 because they added some sort of administration costs
what the hell dont buy from these dongs
what do i do?

edit:
please do something with my ticket!
https://support.steampowered.com/vie...5252-QEUP-8700
i really want to play, please somebody valve just undisable my steam account!

Last edited by fastandagile: 04-26-2010 at 11:23 AM.
fastandagile is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
FroggySwede
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Chargeback.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:57 AM   #3
fastandagile
 
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 14
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroggySwede View Post
Chargeback.
whats that?
fastandagile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:00 AM   #4
FroggySwede
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastandagile View Post
whats that?
You call your credit card company and report it as a fraudulent charge. Tell them what happened. I've gotten successful chargebacks even for software that crashes a lot, when the software company refused to refund me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:03 AM   #5
fastandagile
 
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 14
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroggySwede View Post
You call your credit card company and report it as a fraudulent charge. Tell them what happened. I've gotten successful chargebacks even for software that crashes a lot, when the software company refused to refund me.
but they added the 20 euro to my bank account again, now they want me to pay 35 euro
i also dont know any way to get css without clickandbuy
aa

edit:
what the hell now they are suddenly charging 35 im calling up my bank

Last edited by fastandagile: 04-26-2010 at 06:07 AM.
fastandagile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:16 AM   #6
Wurschtie
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Just don't use click and buy. Beause of these morons there my Steam account is deactivated for two eeks now, although I paid every single game I own. There is no real way of contacting them, except when they want your money. If they already have it, they will not answer at all, and they won't talk to the Steam support team either.

Just don't use click & buy if you want to keep your Steam account. Plus, they charge you after not using your account for six months. So be careful.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:17 AM   #7
fastandagile
 
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 14
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurschtie View Post
Just don't use click and buy. Beause of these morons there my Steam account is deactivated for two eeks now, although I paid every single game I own. There is no real way of contacting them, except when they want your money. If they already have it, they will not answer at all, and they won't talk to the Steam support team either.

Just don't use click & buy if you want to keep your Steam account. Plus, they charge you after not using your account for six months. So be careful.
crap, thanks for that!
will calling up my bank fix this?
fastandagile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:19 AM   #8
Wurschtie
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
You could let your bank call back the payment (don't know what it's called in English), but I wouldn't recommend that.

Chances are, Steam will deactivate your account, so open a Steam support ticket first and request a refund from them, explaining the problems you have with C&B. Otherwise, you will most likely end up with your Steam account deactivated because Valve thinks you want to shortchange them. Valve sometimes seems not to be able to see if you did or did not pay something. That is because C&B does not talk to the Steam support team either. In that case, wait a few weeks and try again in the meantime. (That's what I did, still waiting)

Good luck with that.

Last edited by Wurschtie: 04-26-2010 at 06:24 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:20 AM   #9
fastandagile
 
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 14
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurschtie View Post
You could let your bank call back the payment (don't know what it's called in English), but I wouldn't recommend that.

Chances are, Steam will deactivate your account, so open a Steam support ticket first and request a refund from them. Otherwise, you will most likely end up with your Steam account deactivated because Valve thinks you want to shortchange them.
holy crap, thanks for that info
aaa

Last edited by fastandagile: 04-26-2010 at 06:27 AM.
fastandagile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:27 AM   #10
Wurschtie
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
My recommendation is to open a support ticket

https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

And explain the problems with Click & Buy. Be nice and ask if You can return the game, because there is no way for you to pay as described in the initial offer.

Once Valve is ok with that, you can call your bank and let them get your money back from Click & Buy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:59 AM   #11
fastandagile
 
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 14
Posts: 246
thanks wursch i will do that

i also just read this

4.8 No expiry date: The monetary value stored in Your Account has no expiration date. However, We reserve the right to charge You an Account maintenance fee as detailed in the fee table when Your Account becomes inactive (which means an Account that has not been used for a transaction for a period of 12 months).

ing scamming morons
fastandagile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:21 AM   #12
Wolfpig
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Reputation: 105
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastandagile View Post
4.8 No expiry date: The monetary value stored in Your Account has no expiration date. However, We reserve the right to charge You an Account maintenance fee as detailed in the fee table when Your Account becomes inactive (which means an Account that has not been used for a transaction for a period of 12 months).
You know that this will only happen, when you have money on the C&B Account?
Wolfpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #13
Smertnik
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Reputation: 1709
Posts: 4,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastandagile View Post
i also dont know any way to get css without clickandbuy
PayPal is the way.
Smertnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:05 AM   #14
Washell
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Reputation: 7548
Posts: 7,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastandagile View Post
i also dont know any way to get css without clickandbuy
Paypal
Wirecard (online MasterCard)
Entropay (online VISA)
Prepaid credit cards available in local stores (VISA, MasterCard)
Washell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #15
fastandagile
 
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 14
Posts: 246
my steam account has just been disabled...
what the do i do?
this is ing bull
fastandagile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.