Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 04-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
Senate

Banned
Lightbulb DICE give us TIER RANKED SERVERS >=)

This would solve all the aggrevation players are experiencing when playing with noobs who sometimes have no flipping clue what they are doing... even at rank 15. the solution ? Make brackets for ranked servers. I say go with 1-20, 20-30, 30-50. Could probably use further tuning on the numbers, but it seems fair. You could make it an additional mode to the current lineup. So we'd have non ranked, ranked, and tier ranked. This could really improve the experience some of us lvl 30+ players are having.

I play about 3 hours daily and i'm hopping servers quite a bit and it is getting annoying. There are some favorite servers i have that usually have decent players but those are full sometimes and i'm spending a good portion of my time just finding a server to play on with equally skilled players.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
langkwan

1-25 26-50 is probably better.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
FocusPocus

its funny you say this, Ive seen enough high level noobs that make me wonder if they bought their accounts or just never learn?

This one guy just sat in a corner with his m249 with a medkit next to him. If he killed somene walking by he would stay there till he was flushed out, then its a new corner.

Pretty sad he was level 38 on the other hand i've seen level 4's own it up. It's all about whos playing really.
FocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
Lethal_Sting

Fun Fact. Servers can be configured to limit max rank. Don't know about a min though.

I only know this because I was joining a server, and the banner said and I quote "Levels over 15 will be banned". I lol'ed and I told this to the guy that owns our server and he explained that to me.
Lethal_Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #5
lawsie69

wouldnt be so bad.. but i guess i would play in the lower ranked servers
lawsie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
_Sir_

Banned
It's a PC FPS game.... Levels are mostly aesthetic.
_Sir_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #7
Senate

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal_Sting View Post
Fun Fact. Servers can be configured to limit max rank. Don't know about a min though.

I only know this because I was joining a server, and the banner said and I quote "Levels over 15 will be banned". I lol'ed and I told this to the guy that owns our server and he explained that to me.
that's cool noobs need their equal playing grounds. And this isn't about bashing noobs, i was one once too. But right now there's a limited number of players that are decent.... If we could better arrange them together in a server to play, if we so choose to, then that would make us happier and this game would benefit from it i bet. We can do that with a tiered rank system.

For example I used to play l4d2 alot until I got better than the average player... probably alot better. And it had a negative effect on me because i would quit alot of games in frustration due to players being "bad". Yes with proper voice com leadership you could whip a team into doing the proper thing with limited success... but that's a job in of itself sometimes and you just can't lead a team to better skill. As a result I don't play the game anymore... I haven't even bothered to check the new content, "the passing".
Senate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
sasuke2490

i think this should be implemented cause a lvl 1 who doesnt know wats goin on and then a magnum ammo m1911 shows up and pwns him results in ragequit and waste of 50 buks.
sasuke2490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
dsi1

"Oh, you're Gold?

I'm Onyx, ." (couldn't resist)

It'd be interesting, but how would it work with the servers?

Also, what about ranking noobs?
dsi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #10
RaranTroff

Hells yea, tiered servers would make this game awesome. 3 tiers, perhaps more would be better. That way nobody with body armor/mag rounds can go up against people that don't even have an option to counter it.

Such as 1-10, 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-50. That keeps me from dealing with people that have all of the unlocks until I have unlocks to deal with them.

Last edited by RaranTroff: 04-26-2010 at 07:54 PM.
RaranTroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #11
Justin K.

I think I am a decent player for a lvl 13(29 hours of play) Only dificulty I have is killing others because I don't have mag ammo/body armor

Btw is 29 hours to lvl 13 a good ratio?
Justin K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #12
MaDeuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senate View Post
This would solve all the aggrevation players are experiencing when playing with noobs who sometimes have no flipping clue what they are doing... even at rank 15. the solution ? Make brackets for ranked servers. I say go with 1-20, 20-30, 30-50. Could probably use further tuning on the numbers, but it seems fair. You could make it an additional mode to the current lineup. So we'd have non ranked, ranked, and tier ranked. This could really improve the experience some of us lvl 30+ players are having.

I play about 3 hours daily and i'm hopping servers quite a bit and it is getting annoying. There are some favorite servers i have that usually have decent players but those are full sometimes and i'm spending a good portion of my time just finding a server to play on with equally skilled players.
I've seen level 40+ players that are absolutely terrible.
MaDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #13
Senate

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDeuce View Post
I've seen level 40+ players that are absolutely terrible.
i've seen this too but i'm confident the majority of 30+ players are good. That's what my experience tells me. And you also don't know what state the person is in when playing... I suck when i have a few games when i'm drinking.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #14
Senate

Banned
new players, intermediate players, and good players will benefit from this. It's not perfect, but what i'm proposing is only an addition to the current game modes, so it's optional.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #15
MaDeuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senate View Post
i've seen this too but i'm confident the majority of 30+ players are good. That's what my experience tells me. And you also don't know what state the person is in when playing... I suck when i have a few games when i'm drinking.
Quite simple: time played =/= skill.
MaDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series