Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trine series

Old 04-27-2010, 03:24 AM   #1
CMay

Error Code 51, Application load error 3:0000065432

Played the Trine demo on Steam back during the Christmas sale and thought it was pretty well made. Worked fine on the same machine I'm using now. I wasn't exactly craving a game like this in the first place so it wasn't until recently with the updates, 3rd party DRM removal and $5 price point that it hit that why-the-hell-not threshold. Unfortunately, a Steam or Trine issue of some sort prevents it from starting for me.

Started from Steam (or directly from trine.exe)

Steam - Game Launch Failed: Trine failed to start (error code 51).

Started directly from trine_launcher.exe

Steam Error: Application load error 3:0000065432

Edit: I never got around to doing any debugging since making this post and I ended up just reinstalling windows to solve it. This error was shared between a number of different games on Steam which included the following:
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Defense Grid
- Flock!
- GRID
- Trine
- Shattered Horizon

I had tried a large number of things to get Trine working until I realized it was happening to a few other games as well. Must have installed something at some point which created a conflict, but I noticed this error too late to easily pin point what caused it. My particular issue wasn't related to any Windows, driver, software or security/av settings.

Last edited by CMay: 06-29-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:39 AM   #2
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
Sorry to hear. Do you have any antivirus software installed? Error code 51 can be related to that - for example here's an old Steam thread about it.

Let me know if the suggestions in that thread help. If not then we'll have to find an alternative way.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:03 AM   #3
CMay

Not using an AV or any 3rd party security software really, but I have checked that thread before. There was a suggestion in it that I was reluctant to try and then forgot about which involved renaming the steamapps directory. I'll probably combine that with deleting the clientregistry.blob again for good measure.

Will let you know.
CMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:25 AM   #4
CMay

Just tried it. No dice regardless of which way I ran Trine.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:52 AM   #5
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
Ok I'll PM you some alternative stuff.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:35 AM   #6
CMay

Ended up reinstalling Windows a week or so ago after getting BF:BC2 and having the same error. At that point it felt worth the trouble to reinstall and be done with it.

Have played Trine a bit more and am looking forward to eventually finishing it, though I do wish there was at least a direct TCP/IP option for playing coop online. Perhaps in Trine 2?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 AM   #7
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
Good to hear it's working now. Trine 2 should have some reasonable online options but we'll have to see about it closer to release. I'm sure everyone will be happy though.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trine series